Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am gettin a AEM V2 sometime this week but can't decide if I am going to get the shorty or not. What exactly does it take for you to get your engine water logged from the intake? Do I have to fly through a deep puddle or can just a little bit of rain do the trick? I want to make sure before making my final decision on the length of the intake.

·
hmmm what next?
2,785 Posts
most of us have CAI and have had no problems i get the AEM bypass and have gone through 2 1/2 foot puddles and not had any problems you will be happy with it :up2:

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
you cant install the bypass valve on a v2 because its one piece unless you cut the tube in half but dont recommend doing that.
Yes thats correct that's why I got a K&N which allready is split..I went to local shop about 2 years ago and they had a guy's car that had hydrolocked :( ..The city was checking their water pipes and flooded the street :eek:

·
Registered
350 Posts
most of us have CAI and have had no problems i get the AEM bypass and have gone through 2 1/2 foot puddles and not had any problems you will be happy with it :up2:
A lot of us have v2s on this site and I personally have never heard of anyone hydrolocking. Personally I've had my v2 on for a couple years and have been through pretty nasty storms and puddles and have had no issues.

Like someone said earlier, unless you drive through a flood youll be fine

1 - 12 of 12 Posts