Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
hmmm...
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got 2 kicker comp vrs and a kicker amp... wen my friend turned the voulme all the way up, the subs just start pumping out pure bass non stop. and i had to turn off the engine for the subs to stop this...wat's wrong?

·
Dl20ccA is Acc0l2D backwards
479 Posts
wen i turn the bass down and turn off the radio, i still get bass and it doesn't stop....:confused:

Oh, you have a stock headunit? Well, I have this same problem, easy way to fix it, either get an aftermarket headunit, or just don't turn off the headunit, just lower the volume if you want to turn it off.

I asked about the same problem awhile back, and people told me its because the stock headunit continiously sends out signals to the subs even after the headunit is turned off. Then in response the subs don't read it correctly and go full blast. Aftermarket headunits solve this problem. Or just do it like me, turn down your volume.

About the thing where if you turn the bass down and you still get bass @ full blast, i don't understand what your talking about

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
i never had this happen with my deck i did get a 1 loud bass hit when ever i tuned on my car or off or the radio for that matter like a loud pop but i think that was due to power going to the amp. dosnt happen anymore got me a new headunit:D

·
My AV6 is all gone...
778 Posts
Instead of not turning the HU off, you can also put a switch inline with your remote wire. This will turn off the amp when not in use. If you just turn off the HU it will avoid the noise, but your amp will still be on the entire time.

--Don

1 - 12 of 12 Posts