Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys my little cousin is about to purchase a double din monitor for his 6th gen accord sedan. he's wondering if theres anyway to hide it or take it out each time he leaves his car alone (just like how headunits faceplate comes off) i'm pretty sure you can't take out the screen but is there a way to cover it up or hide it? he goes to ucr so he's scared of getting jacked but he really wants a double din. any ideas on how to hide it or something like that? thanks.

·
4.0L
9,440 Posts
One way to do it is to find an old OEM headunit and dremel off the faceplate. Glue all the buttons in place from behind (if they're not already connected to the face) and you can slide that into the 2x DIN slot in front of the monitor when you get out of your car.

When I drive on campus I turn my screen off so that it's not that noticable when I drive by people.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
VietNinjaJ30A1 said:
One way to do it is to find an old OEM headunit and dremel off the faceplate. Glue all the buttons in place from behind (if they're not already connected to the face) and you can slide that into the 2x DIN slot in front of the monitor when you get out of your car.

When I drive on campus I turn my screen off so that it's not that noticable when I drive by people.

Are there any pictures of someone doing that? I wanna see how this was done. Thanks for info man! helps alot.

·
Project: BGC
297 Posts
yeah this was one thing i wanna know too. either a double din or a single i wanted to kno how i can secure it so i dont get jacked like i already did....

·
7th Gen ACcord
3,671 Posts
vietmandomy52 said:
another way is just to get some black plexiglass and use it to cover up the double din. something like this,
[/QUOTE]
ohhhhhh 701 processor.. sorry to go offtopic, but why do you need the 701 controller? you got a alpine headunit too right?

·
Registered
546 Posts
I created a thread in acurazine too but I did not get any good feedback. Hopefully, you guys put a diy or something. I want a double din too.

·
4.0L
9,440 Posts
If it's just a screen like for a carputer setup...mold the screen in and make it look as OEM as possible. If it looks OEM...people won't bother trying to steal it. If they can tell it's just a double din deck...they know they can easily take it out.

·
what's cracking?
357 Posts
xjdMb16a2six said:
ohhhhhh 701 processor.. sorry to go offtopic, but why do you need the 701 controller? you got a alpine headunit too right?
its not mine but not all alpine hu can control the h701. the only hu that can control the h701 is the 986/9861/9965. the dvd playres can also control the h701. if you don't have any of those hu's then you must have the controller to control the h701.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts