Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
JDM FTW!!!11one!
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, well yesterday out of the blue i began to hear this loud screeching/ringing noise and really am stumped on what could be causing it. here are a few of the things ive noticed about it

-occurs between 4500-6000rpm's
-only occurs at WOT, dosent occur under normal driving
-is louder when in 1st gear, then almost non-existant when in 2nd, then gone in 3rd.
-seems to be coming from the engine compartment
-car drives perfectly fine and i dont feel any loss of power

first thing that same to mind was that i was possibly dragging something, but the sound dosent occur till roughly 4500rpm's so i ruled that out. i then thought i might have a leak somewhere in the air intake so i checked the couplings and they all seem fine so i was able to rule that out. i then checked the brakes just to make sure and they also seem fine. i changed the oil on the car this morning and checked all the fluids and did not see anything irregular. i will admit i waited a little longer than i shouldve to change the oil (put about 5300 miles since the last change, but i run synthetic), but i doubt it was enough to damage anything. also, i ran a bottle of lucas fuel treatment yesterday which i have been doing since i got the car. i am completely stumped as to what might be causing this. i have noted that the sound will eventually disapear after about 5 mins of driving. i have had the car at a friends shop 2 days and they have not been able to determine what the problem is. after ruling out everything above, i started to think i may have a problem with one of my motor mounts or possibly a bad throwout bearing, but had that chcked out and according to them theyre both fine. any ideas here? im totally stumped.

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
Sorry, I don't have an answer to your question, but I just wanted to weigh in and say that M1 is good for MUCH MUCH longer than 5300 miles. The oil experts over at BITOG have seen some nice Used Oil Analyses from Blackstone Labs from j30's on 10K+ Oil Change Intervals, using M1 and other quality synthetics.

Not likely that your oil changes had an influence on this problem.

·
JDM FTW!!!11one!
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Accord_V6_400m said:
Tell the voices in your head to be quiet
already tried this and it didnt work. theyre telling me to buy mQike IC piping for a 7th gen i4 instead of fixing this problem above and the small dent i got from a fender bender i was involved in friday :D any other ideas?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts