Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Car Person Wanna-Be
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, today i blacked out my tailights on my '99 AV6 ex sedan. All in all, i think it looks pretty good, i took my time and i'm kinda a perfectionist :p with my car. Heres a link to some pics i took today during the process. If anyone has any questions, just post or PM me :D . Please give me some opinions!! Thanks!

http://community.webshots.com/album/154020283dpjSrk

I dont know where to upload pics on this board, so i put the pics on my webshots thing.

·
Car Person Wanna-Be
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, im planning on doing the outer ones later this week when i get some free time.

As for clean2's post, i used the rc car window tint for and sprayed it on the outside of the tailights, i didnt paint the insides, too much work to do that heh.

·
Registered
452 Posts
hey bro where did u purchase the r/c window paint whats teh name brand ?

·
Car Person Wanna-Be
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got the paint at this store in the mall here called Hungates, its just a regular model/hobby store. The paint is "Model Master Transparent Black Window Tint" and "Model Master Clear Top Coat". I got two 3oz. cans of the tint, and one 3oz. can of the clearcoat. Each can was like 4.50 or something like that. If u have any more ?'s just let me know.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
look nice..but i dink...candy red..will look even better (IMO, but then again, u do have a black car ...so it matches..)

·
Old Member
8,915 Posts
did u open up the housing and spray painted it? or did u spray painted it on the housing surface?

·
Car Person Wanna-Be
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i spray painted the housing surface.

·
Car Person Wanna-Be
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im doin both dont worry :D Just takes time...lol

·
Registered
209 Posts
yea... i agree do the outer ones and it'll look better

so you didn't hafta heat it up and open it up and paint the inside hmm? just the outside? interesting... wouldn't the paint have a slight affect on the light output, and make the lighting a bit darker even tho its transparent window tint?

and that candy apple red sounds good, is there such thing as transparent candle apple red paint?

·
Registered
234 Posts
did you sand the taillights and apply adhesive promoter for plastic or did you just spray over them just a question and what kind of paint did you use

·
Car Person Wanna-Be
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
slEepinAkk0rd - Yea i jsut took the taillights off and painted the outside of them, and Yes it does affect the light output but if you dont put too much tint on, the light output is about the same as stock, the more tint u put on the less light comes through...

chapin - I didnt do any sanding, just cleaned the taillights with 409 and then just went at painting them. As for what paint i used, look at post number 6 in this thread.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts