Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mean like the fireballs I have get their loudest at around 3k rpm then get quieter on up and below that then at around 3500-4k rpm and up the aem sri takes over and howls like a bat out of hell.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Same here and just how u described it i'm sounds the same . I have a APEXi World Sport cat back and the AEM SRI and after 3500 rpm when the vtec opens up it's like a beast :) btw good choice picking the aem sri it's actually one of the loudest sounding and performing intakes from my knowledge

·
Destroyer of Tires
16,094 Posts
Haha I just picked up my AEM short ram today. My friend and I installed it in about 15 minutes or so. I didn't take out the resonator... YET. Yeah it sounds way badass and you can physically hear when VTEC hits which is cool. Very pleased with my purchase, even though I over paid. Damn you Super Autobacs... lol.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
Destroyer of Tires
16,094 Posts
thomor25 said:
i paid 111 shipped for mine on ebay for my sri and like 280 for my fireballs

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7983917475&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7983862844&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

what do you mean by the resonator? I removed everything that was in the engine bay area for the airbox but I haven't taken the remaining that is behind the bumper.
What color did you get? I picked chrome because chrome is cool :cool:

What I mean by resonator is what is behind the bumper. I didn't have the time to take that out. I guess if you do that then you get better airflow to the sri.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh ok, well I had to get blue cause I wanted it on so bad, my car is red but they tried to ship the red one but said ups lost it. Its under my hood anyway and it contrasts with the red and makes it stand out.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Doctor_X said:
What color did you get? I picked chrome because chrome is cool :cool:

What I mean by resonator is what is behind the bumper. I didn't have the time to take that out. I guess if you do that then you get better airflow to the sri.
You might as well change your headlights when you take out the resonator because the front bumper will be off the car anyways.

·
Destroyer of Tires
16,094 Posts
CRV_33 said:
You might as well change your headlights when you take out the resonator because the front bumper will be off the car anyways.
*Sigh* another mod I have to buy :(

Haha I act like it's a bad thing :winkgrin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts