Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
CeRtiFiEd PimP
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today i went to honda about my seats wrinking and talked to someon at the service counter ..and all he said was it is normal that leather is gonna wear..so its normal wear and tear..and what i said was that its happing so early and these seats are cheap and some ppl did get them replaced beause of the wrinkling he said if we replace them the same thing is gonna happen..so he took a look at them and said ya its normal and said they doubt it that they will replace them under warranty but he said talk to the service parts manager just to be sure..so i have to go back on the weekday to talk to him and he gave my honda canadas # :down:

·
Your Mom Drives a Honda
1,999 Posts
tell them to do a goodwill warranty exchange on them because you are unisatisfifed with you product....that is what they did for me and said it was only a one time thing with the seats and if it happened again they couldnt fix it for free uniless they did something wrong in the install but they didn't even question me at all...just tell them that you are unsatisfied with the way they are wearing and that it isnt normal..the only problem you may run into is that your car is an 03 and that is an extra year on your wear.. i havent even head mine a year now and they startred to crack and wear excessively so that is probably why they didn't argue about mine but since yours is over or around 2 years now that is probably why they are a little more reluctant

·
its my Religion
1,393 Posts
yea I ask the same question at the dealer on the seats, more so the driver side but they said that is normal for the seats to do this mine is an 03 also and it looks realy ugly with the rinkles, my first leather seats so I gess this is normal which sucks.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Use leather conditioner; don't just "fall" onto your seat, esp. the side bolster. Carefully sit your butt onto the bottom of the seat. My '00 Accord's bolsters (both my and the passenger) have started to rip (the infamous seam in the dumbest place possible, right in the middle of the bolster). I have learned to be careful before sitting in my car. It may be a hassle to keep in mind but after 4 years it's automatic. My seat bolster looks decent, and passenger looks great for a 6 year old car (I drive solo 90% of the time).

·
Out of my Mind, Somewhere
2,500 Posts
I have had no problems with the accord or the pilot, the pilot's have the same issue

Accord = 18 K Miles

Pilot = 15 K Miles.

What is your milage when the leather goes bad?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts