Accord V6 Forum banner

9421 - 9440 of 9479 Posts

·
Mr. Detail
1,134 Posts
Got new tires, went with 225/55/16 this time. The 215/55 was a bit shorter than the OEM 205/60, the new ones are the same height. So now combined with the Koni's, the tires fill out the fenderwells a lot better.

Next up is having the guy who did the chrome delete on my G35 do the same to my window trim on my Accord. The job I did a few years ago is looking a bit ragged these days.

Reactions: K3N

·
Mr. Detail
1,134 Posts
Also Scottwax, what kind of buffer are you using in your photo?
Zen Tool DA, 21 mm throw so they cut faster and finish better than a regular 8 mm throw DA like a Porter Cable. My car also has Opti-Coat Pro on it. I'm a certified installer so did it myself.

·
Ken
239 Posts
Finally got around to fixing my exhaust leak. Apparently all 3 of the nuts holding the bank 2 precat rusted to nothingness (14 years on Massachusetts roads will do that to you), giving me a horrendous drone every time I hit a bump. That and a broken flex pipe. All the more reason to replace the factory j pipe with the XLR8 V2 J pipe. I'd post a picture but everyone is familiar enough with those already.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Been refreshing my entire car over the past couple months.

New Lower ball joints, front lca bushings (PITA), Innovative motor mounts (also a pita), stoptech pads, rotors, and ss brake lines. Picked up a set of Falken 615k+'s to run on some 17x8 Enkei RPF1's. Just did my first track day a couple weekends ago, but was too cold to put the Falkens on. (40 degrees F, and rainy all weekend)

·
Mr. Detail
1,134 Posts
Let one of my kids drive my car. He's in town for his destination bachelor party, wanted to go to the park to run. It's just my work car now (makes tracking mileage easier) so when I'm not working it just sits. Recently passed 241k.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just bought her Saturday so I changed air filter, changed spark plugs, speant hours renewing the headlights.... That was rough but they look new! Also reset ECU and was happy the previous owner put the radio code in the book lol. Excited to be a member and owner!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not much activity on here anymore :(. Since picking up the car on Saturday I have also changed all brake pads, put on new rotors front and back and cleaned up and greased the caliper pins and boots. I flushed the trans fluid and put in GM syncromesh. I replaced the intake hose after I found a crack.

·
Mr. Detail
1,134 Posts
Front engine mount was FUBAR'ed big time. Sick of replacing them. Was going to get the XLR8 mounts but didn't see them listed on their website (just 6th gen mounts) and no one got back to me so I ordered them from Innovative.

Much better now, the side one was okay so just did the front one. Some vibration through the steering wheel with the a/c on, but definitely less than with the busted mount.

....and I hit something in the road, it busted a hole in my XLR8 J-pipe. Hopefully it can be welded up.

·
Mr. Detail
1,134 Posts
Local shop fixed the hole in my J-Pipe, looks ugly but now no more leak. They only charged me $10.

·
Mr. Detail
1,134 Posts
Well crap, because the shop that did the engine mount for me didn't also replace the transmission mounts they said needed to be done (they didn't charge me though), the front mount failed again and it took out the side mount. So went to a different shop, they replaced the front one with an OEM, the side one they used the urethane one I supplied from Innovative. They also replaced 3 bad transmission mounts. Two had been modified by the previous shop by cutting the bolts down so they could install them more easily...which also made them fail prematurely.

At least everything is done now. Car feels so much smoother and even with a urethane side mount there is very little increase in vibration vs all rubber mounts even with the a/c on at idle. Front end feels tighter too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I’m kind of a new guy here, as I just registered. I’ve had the car a year, but only started restoring it a couple months ago. 2003 6speed V6 coupe. It’s an HFP version and I was wanting to change out the rear bumper that currently has a little mark on it for the newer 2006 coupe bumper. I bought one at the wrecker a couple months ago, and HFP version also. Should I have any issues swapping to the newer bumper?

·
Mr. Detail
1,134 Posts
A/C black death again. Luckily it was contained in the dryer. So after having the system evacuated, the dryer replaced, the condenser and evaporator, etc flushed, I now have ice cold A/C again instead of moderately cool air that can't handle our current heat wave. It was okay if it was in the 90s, but now that we're pushing 110 this week it was woefully inadequate.

9421 - 9440 of 9479 Posts