Accord V6 Forum banner

9441 - 9460 of 9479 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought a JDM auto tranny for my 03 accord V6. I joined the forum to find info on anything I need to know to swap on the jdm tranny to work in the USDM car.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Converted the front brakes on my 07 v6-6spd Sedan to larger/thicker rotors and brackets from 6spd coupe and dual-piston calipers and pads from 95 Legend GS. Quite happy with the result. Thought I would have problem with brake shield, but it just needed to be cut .5 inch off each end where it touch the new bracket, bent everything back and viola...no rubbing..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Washed it and waxed it head to toe haha , the small things count I guess , looking into replacing all of the textile in the car with leather or something that would look better because I don't really enjoy it as it is

·
Registered
1 Posts
I discovered i have a random no-start/electrical power break somewhere. At random the car wont turn over and the nav and radio will ask for the codes. does anyone know if this is common to a bad ignition switch? If not, any thoughts?

·
Mr. Detail
1,134 Posts
Replaced my APP sensor. Car drives so much better now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Pulled the engine and transmission out of my 2003 V6 6-spd. The car was in horrible shape when I first got it. Check out leftfordeadcars on InstaGram to see the state the car was in when I got it.

Blown clutch. Someone attempted to replace it but gave up.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Bent a knee to photobucket and paid for 3rd party hosting so my pictures are showing again.

I posted many back when I was working on it and they stopped showing when photobucket stopped being free - I felt it was easier than moving everything to another free sight.

Won't be posting much now as I still have the Accord but picked up a 2008 Shelby Mustang GT500 which will be getting most of the attention now.

·
Mr. Detail
1,134 Posts
Drove my car for the first time in 11 days. I use it pretty much only for work now, and took a trip in my G35 to Arizona to Vegas and back so my Accord was just sitting. Started up like I'd driven in the day before. Wife's Escape...it cranked pretty slow at first before it started, thought I was going to have to jump it to start it at first.

·
Mr. Detail
1,134 Posts
New steering rack and upper tie rods. A small leak suddenly became a great big leak. FWD cars are tough to steer at parking log speeds without power steering. Hopefully the new one lasts me another 255,000 miles.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Been chasing a door locking issue for months.
Drove me nuts. Ended up narrowing it down to the MICU. Thats the interior fuse box in non-Honda speak :)
Honda was nice enough to provide an accessible relay for your Power Windows, but no such luck for the locks. Relays for locks are part of the fuse box circuit (inside it)...hooray!
Replaced with a used one from a junkyard a few weeks ago. Not a fun job. Dont even bother if you have big hands or lack of patience lol :) Door locking has been working fine again since :up:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just curious why you went with the J32 vs the J35 out of the Odyssey?
I wanted a direct bolt in, without any modification (exhaust, computer, ect). Plus I got the engine real cheap.

By the way, this past weekend.......... The engine is IN!!! I now have a running car. Now to get through DEQ/Smog testing. Found I have a couple sensors to replace before I can pass. Last owner fried a few things, including the engine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just today I had to crawl under it 'cause I'm still chasing a persistent trans fluid leak. Yesterday I moved it into the street and swept up all the kitty litter and Simple Green I've had to spread in my driveway. I washed the drive, let it dry, and put the car in the driveway and worked on all the little stone chips in the hood. This morning, I go out there, and there is another effing puddle under the right front, in front of the tire. AAgghhh! This time I jacked it up a little and got under there (I've had two shops put it up on a rack to try to locate this leak, and they both said there is no sign of an active leak. Of course, I can't go into the shop and look for myself, insurance regs) I look around under there and the first thing I see is a line of oily wet fluid on the after edge of the bumper, which is missing all the clips. Right above it, there is a dirty wet hose connection. I wipe it off, and am able to tighten the clamp some. I don't hog it down, but did tighten it up. I hope that's the end of it, but we'll see. I like the car, but am getting frustrated by this leak. Sometimes it seems to be coming from the left side of the car, behind the wheel, and it's always trans fluid. Time will tell.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Update: Jacked the car up and looked under there myself. Just behind the front bumper lower lip, there's a steel tube goes into a rubber hose, with an odd looking clamp on it. It was wet with some kind of red fluid, and all around it was a lot oily debris. I cleaned it all off, and tightened the clamp, then went to the local Honda dealer. Spoke to the parts guy, who showed me a parts drawing. He said that clamp means power steering fluid, which makes sense 'cause when I bought the car, it was very low on power steering fluid. I topped it off, and now I've tightened the clamp.

·
Registered
28 Posts
ANOTHER UPDATE:
Turns out, there is another connection in there, and that's the one that's leaking. Jacked it up again and tightened another clamp. Hope that's the one.

9441 - 9460 of 9479 Posts