Accord V6 Forum banner

9461 - 9478 of 9478 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Howdy to all Honda Fans!
I'm a Honda fan for sure. Bought an '05 Honda Accord EX Coupe, in red, to replace my aging Acura Legend Coupe. The car is in pretty decent shape, but the paint is showing its age with stone chips, scratches, scrapes on the bumpers, and some crazing on the hood. There were several scratches and chips I wanted to remedy, but since I am past retirement age and still working for the man every night and day, I didn't want to spring for the Honda pen that I will use just a little of and the rest dry up. I asked my wife for all of her red nail polishes, of which she has several, and compared them to the car. Sure enough, one of them was an exact match, to my eye anyhow, so I went to work on it, and in one afternoon applied red nail polish to all the chips and scratches in the car, especially the rear bumper. I found an application technique that worked well, and it turned out great! The alloy wheels have some curb rash that I may do the same treatment with a silver nail polish.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hola.

Quiero saber si es que habria alguna diferencia de rendimiento usando NGK iridio izfr6k11:

Actualmente uso Denso skj20dr-m11

Accord 2007 2.4L Motor K24A8.

Gracias.

·
Registered
7 Posts
well I bought a white 06 6-6 sedan about a month ago so I decided to am early oil change, well someone had the oil pan strip but since it was late at night I ended up getting the last thread to finally grab hold a bit, so now I'm driving with a sketchy oil pan. I've already flushed the trans fluid, bout ready to do it once more just cuz with some redline MTL. I also plan on doing a coolant flush ASAP. jist trying to find best products. and flush brakes/clutch and power stearing. the car has 230k

·
Registered
132 Posts
Finally replaced both front struts with koni orange and HR OE springs. Also put in my neuspeeed strut bar. All parts have been sitting in my basement for 3 years lol Thank goodness I had a rubber mallet to get that strut bar on, what a pain.

Now have to find time to put the rear struts in which are tokico blues with hr oe. Really hoping the bottom strut bolts are not seized...fingers crossed... :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hola.

Quiero saber si es que habria alguna diferencia de rendimiento usando NGK iridio izfr6k11:

Actualmente uso Denso skj20dr-m11

Accord 2007 2.4L Motor K24A8.

Gracias.

NGK is the recommended plug and we all prefer it over all the others. But the Denso is compatible. These are all the plugs that are compatible with Denso skj20dr-m11. But always go with NGK or Honda if you can :)

Beru 14FR5LPU0X
Beru Z297
Beru Z354
Bosch 0242240675
Bosch 0242240687
Brisk 1619
Champion 9812
Champion OE179
Champion OE239
Champion RC8WYP4
Champion RC8ZWYPB4
Denso 2677000910
Honda 12290-PNA-0040
Honda 12290-PND-A020M
Honda 9807B5615W
Honda 9807B5617W
Honda 9807B561BW
NGK 6994
NGK IZFR6K-11
NGK IZFR6K11

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was going to try iriduim NGK laser izfr6k11, changed my mind and bought NGK Ruthenium HX at Rockauto.

They arrive in three weeks, Chile is far away.

·
Mr. Detail
1,134 Posts
Still driving mine daily, almost to 260k miles!

Reactions: K3N

·
Registered
12 Posts
Along with greeting, ask for those who know. This is a picture of my engine, is it a K24A8, where is the MAF sensor ?.
I've searched YouTube and parts pages, I don't know where it is located.

Saludos

·
Registered
132 Posts
Along with greeting, ask for those who know. This is a picture of my engine, is it a K24A8, where is the MAF sensor ?.
I've searched YouTube and parts pages, I don't know where it is located.

[pic]

Saludos
You don't have one :) We do, its a 45th parallel thing ;)
You see that flat space where the airbox meets the pipe on the right? Thats where it would be.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Bottom rear strut bolts not seized! Woohoo!
But when I was putting the new struts and springs together I have the top bolts aligned 90 degrees in the wrong direction! Argh! Now I have to break out the spring compressor, unbolt and rotate the top :bonk:
Gonna get new bolts.

·
Honda & Chevy Enthusiast
2 Posts
I completed the Throttle Body Coolant Bypass Mod last night. It only took about 20 minutes including a decent TB cleaning. A heated TB is not needed here in Phx, Az (even in the coldest months).

·
Registered
59 Posts
Worked on the wife's '07 sedan yesterday. Drain and fill transmission fluid. Noticed the heat shield was hanging down above the cat. Couldn't just pull it out so I actually "repaired" it by bolting it back up using a couple fender washers. Replaced right rear wheel bearing, so her car doesn't "growl" anymore!

·
Mr. Detail
1,134 Posts
Washed mine for the first time this decade. Still holding up well for 262,500 miles.

Should have grabbed the center console cover when I got the seats...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well not today, but a couple months ago I finally replaced the failed struts with some Rev9 assemblies and got rid of the wheel gap. Handles so much better.

Now today I finally installed some parts I was collecting. CAT deletes (all three) and y-pipe, intake spacer with thermal gaskets, RL intake manifold, axles (vibration on acceleration), A/C compressor (leaking). Other than I have a slight exhaust leak some where, car runs great.

9461 - 9478 of 9478 Posts