Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 356 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my Accord to pieces but there are some things I wish honda would have done differently on the 7th gen Accord.

Heres my beefs.

1. The stock tires dont perform as well matched up to the powerful V6 and spirited driving.

2. That stupid loud clunking noise when I either press on the brakes in reverse or when I put the car in Drive after reversing.

3. The fact that I cant plug my ipod in, whats up with that Honda you didnt even at least put it in the 7.5 gen.

4. I know its a Honda but the torque to horsepower ratio could have been better, 240hp/212tq, come on.

Other than that I love my Accord.;)

·
-Maninder
3,962 Posts
I love my Accord to pieces but there are some things I wish honda would have done differently on the 7th gen Accord.

Heres my beefs.
repsonse..sorta

1. It's a family car, not a sports car.. :-\
2. Honda doesn't know what a proper automatic transmission is (not all 7th gens..)
3. I would say tape adaptor, but you're screwed. ;)
4. Honda hasn't discovered torque yet.

·
Czechopino
2,377 Posts
1. There is no way to Select D4 with the auto tranny. You either have D or D3, but no D4 in a 5 speed auto. This is common among all the late model Hondas save for the Fit Sport because you have paddle shifters.

2. The rear seat fold down lever rattles because of the stock speakers on the rear panel. I am about to dynamat though.

3. How ridiculous it is that I had to cut the door panel to fit aftermarket 6.5" speakers in the doors, and how the stock speakers were not screwed in, but rather snapped in place.

4. How the 03-05 Sedans have the exhaust tips pointing down. I like the 03-05 Sedan rear end better than the 06.07, save for that detail.

5. How you have to remove the bumper to remove your head or tail lamps, although this probably had alot to do with their excellent body gap tolerances in those areas.

6. The lack of rear air vents on USDM Accords

7. How the keyless remote does not seem to work from far away even after changing the battery.

8. How the screws can be so hard to take out when removing disc brakes.

I love my Accord and still find it in many ways to be better than the 8th generation. The current Accord did not have the styling I expected of Honda given the home run I think they hit with the current Civic. I like it alot and would be happy with it, but I feel like the 7th generation interior is higher quality. Just look at the cupholders. The 7th generation has those cool 4 way springs while the new one has that lid that flips. The door panels are nicer and less plasticky in my opinion in the 7th generation as well. No car is perfect and the Accord is as good as a dependable, affordable and great to drive family sedan gets. I sometimes drive my mother in law's Camry and cannot wait to get back into my Accord every time I do.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I love my Accord to pieces but \
2. That stupid loud clunking noise when I either press on the brakes in reverse or when I put the car in Drive after reversing.

3. The fact that I cant plug my ipod in, whats up with that Honda you didnt even at least put it in the 7.5 gen.
I get that even in my 5-speed!
What's the issue with that?

Seriously, I want factory iPod support, or at least an auxiliary input.

·
Registered
54 Posts
1. Wish it was a manual (parent eck, got a car fully paid for though so can't complain)
2. Agree with the aux port thing especially since there is a button for an auxilary input on the stock stereo but no jack, weird, very weird.
3. Love the acceleration from 0-60 but the lack of power up top past 2nd and third gear makes life a bit less enjoyable.
4. Stock suspension is squishy as hell.
5. Stock rotors, calipers,wheels and tires are abominable even on the v6 coupes.
6. Resonator intake blocking access to driver side headlights (fixed in the 7.5s i believe)

Well as 4-6 can be fixed with some bolt ons they arent really that much of a concern though so overall i'm happy :D

·
Registered
737 Posts
hate that it doesnt have stuff the 8th gen does
1. roof opens with windows using remote
2. tpms
3. auto up/down windows
other things
4. brakes are crap
5. aux input

·
Euro accord wannabe
1,130 Posts
creaking .... somwhere cant find the freaking cause :(

·
346hp/300tq @ 4psi
3,014 Posts
1. wish the xm radio had more than 10 presets and didnt cut off titles/names displayed of songs.
2. cheap pleather side bolsters that are cracking.
3. damn window trim that constantly peels (replaced more than a few times already) :/
4. fading side mirror bases.
5. auto ups/downs for both windows.
6. fake carbon fiber interior pieces.

other than that, i love my car :)

·
Registered
556 Posts
1. Squeeks
2. Rattles
3. Chassis has too much flex, which leads to more squeeks and rattles

·
1,032 Posts
1.breaks aren't worth shi!
2. Random squeeks and rattles
3.the clicking noise everytime you change a gear ( the counter weight thing between the battery and the engine)
4. The standard tic of the Honda engine

·
Free Mustache Rides
1,612 Posts

4. I know its a Honda but the torque to horsepower ratio could have been better, 240hp/212tq, come on.
repsonse..sorta
4. Honda hasn't discovered torque yet.
Ohhh.. REALLY...

actually, the k24 has more torque then horsepower to the wheels.. the ratio in the brochure is 160hp/160ft-lbs of torque to the crank. as for the stock dyno numbers are something around 137whp and 142wtq (forgot the exact numbers but its something around that area)

1 - 20 of 356 Posts