Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im not prety sure i know what the suspension does, can someone take the time out to teach me something about suspension and the functions ?????

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Suspension is suppose to give you better handling, since it lowers your center of gravity. Basically, when your car is lower to the ground, it gives u better handling. Im pretty youve seen it, when stock cars with the huge wheel gaps try to make a sharp turn, the entire chassy just kinda swings over to one side, and major body roll occurs. Suspension eliminates that, and it also makes your ride look 100X better :)

·
Pedal damn it
3,913 Posts

·
User #4002
1,283 Posts
maying856 said:
Suspension is suppose to give you better handling, since it lowers your center of gravity. Basically, when your car is lower to the ground, it gives u better handling. Im pretty youve seen it, when stock cars with the huge wheel gaps try to make a sharp turn, the entire chassy just kinda swings over to one side, and major body roll occurs. Suspension eliminates that, and it also makes your ride look 100X better :)
Yeah that great but there is a con for lowering the car. By lowering the car increase your engine mount / transmission mount to work harder. Meaning replacing those mounts more often if using stock parts. Did you tell that to the newbie?

Suspension is to prevents your car from shaking itself to pieces.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
wildpikachu said:
Yeah that great but there is a con for lowering the car. By lowering the car increase your engine mount / transmission mount to work harder. Meaning replacing those mounts more often if using stock parts. Did you tell that to the newbie?

Suspension is to prevents your car from shaking itself to pieces.
He/She asked me what suspension is suppose to do, which I did, in a positive way. You obviously state the positive reasons not the negative reasons first, every part in modifiying a vehicle has a negative feeback to it. Besides, you just told him/her for me :)

·
User #4002
1,283 Posts
maying856 said:
He/She asked me what suspension is suppose to do, which I did, in a positive way. You obviously state the positive reasons not the negative reasons first, every part in modifiying a vehicle has a negative feeback to it. Besides, you just told him/her for me :)
just stating the positive reason to newbie.. is BAD
they get hyped up / misleaded .. and they go blind just because we say so.
without understanding both side of the story.

+lowering your ride also make the rider harsher.
+got to watch out of those curbs :)

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
wildpikachu said:
just stating the positive reason to newbie.. is BAD
they get hyped up / misleaded .. and they go blind just because we say so.
without understanding both side of the story.
I agree, but think about how many members cars on here are lowered? :cool:

·
User #4002
1,283 Posts
maying856 said:
I agree, but think about how many members cars on here are lowered? :cool:
true, many member lower the cars,
mostly because it looks better without the 'GAP'. or for performance reason or both.
that why alot of members have engine/tranmission mount need replacing.

I fell in that trap.. lowering the car is kewl.. no real BAD CONS
but I didn't full understand the CONS of it.. and I still don't know all of it..
but it better to teach.. them the CONS so they know.. and understand..
it not BAD if you understand the CONS.

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
the poor guy asked a simple question, lets help him out instead of confusing him some more

"The job of a car suspension is to maximize the friction between the tires and the road surface, to provide steering stability with good handling and to ensure the comfort of the passengers. In this article, we'll explore how car suspensions work, how they've evolved over the years and where the design of suspensions is headed in the future."

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/car-suspension.htm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts