Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides intake, exhaust and a j-pipe, what other performance upgrades are most of you guys doing? What gives you the most power? Any input is great thanks!

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Please search. We have sooooo many threads about this already. We even have a small questions thread. Best place to start is in the performance area. You will find almost all of your answers there.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
What is a TL-S RSB???
It is a rear sway bar from the tl type s. 20mm diamater vs the stock average 14mm bar. Makes the car handle flatter around corners but you have to be careful not to put the 20mm on without any front bar mods because it may make the rear end come out. There are a bunch of threads on the bars and the differences between them.

·
Maverick_Supersonic
1,706 Posts
It is a rear sway bar from the tl type s. 20mm diamater vs the stock average 14mm bar. Makes the car handle flatter around corners but you have to be careful not to put the 20mm on without any front bar mods because it may make the rear end come out. There are a bunch of threads on the bars and the differences between them.
Oh ok. i know what the purpose of it is. I'm just didn't know that was the acronym for it. LoL

·
DAT Dewd from Dallas MANG
1,533 Posts
yo dawg...

if you want POWER get a turbo or a supercharger....

for just some pep...the usual bolt ons will work...but for serious POWER you need a turbo or a supercharger...

Paul...a.k.a NVA-AV6

can help you with BOTH forced induction options....:up::up:

call the man....tell him either your HP goal or your Budget Goal....he will give you the right solution accordingly...

·
DAT Dewd from Dallas MANG
1,533 Posts

^Don't forget a big fat stroker kit. =)
to be honest I am kinda of iffy about the stroker motor setups...I think that more money should be spent on aftermarket pistons and rods and then you have a good stroker motor that you can really beat on later....:p
CP pistons...
Pauter RODS....
I wonder if ACL or somebody could make a bearing set...:confused:

edit: I got a used block...j32a3...i wonder if j35a8 heads would fit on it...if so then I am in to make it a stroker motor!!!!

·
Bobby Lane Racing
5,679 Posts
to be honest I am kinda of iffy about the stroker motor setups...I think that more money should be spent on aftermarket pistons and rods and then you have a good stroker motor that you can really beat on later....:p
CP pistons...
Pauter RODS....
I wonder if ACL or somebody could make a bearing set...:confused:

edit: I got a used block...j32a3...i wonder if j35a8 heads would fit on it...if so then I am in to make it a stroker motor!!!!

I would get the J35a8 complete long block, get a new clutch case housing for the transmission so your 6 speed bolts onto the j35a8 bellhousing

The crank in the J35a8 is zero to none. It's the perfect stroke for a fast revving, well balanced engine that has either 89mm/90mm bore. Max bore on a J series is 90mm, and thus why you do not want to go with bigger stroke than 90mm. Bigger will make more torque, but when it comes to assembly balancing, you can't get any closer. Engine balancing = horse power.

Contact ACL,they should have them.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I honestly don't know, besides the cams and springs, what other benifits would the j5a8 heads have over the j32a3? And would it be cheaper to buy and install the cams/springs versus buying the hole head assembly?

Well you've certainly proven that the J35a8 long block is a proven method, but you got a killer deal on it how much would it run on average to buy the long block and new clutch housing vs oem stroker or aftermarket internals?

·
Registered
567 Posts
+1

Did the change, and my car has a tight arse feel to it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts