Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry if this has been covered before, I'm sure it has but I couldnt find it to save my life. I'm curious what I should do first. I want to eventually put both on the car but wanted to start out right. My old car could come with precats and when you installed a ypipe like our jpipe, the gains from the ypipe were lessened with the precats still on there. Price isnt really an issue since they are about the same, but I dont want to invest in both at the same time. Anyone have any thoughts about what to do first? Does it even matter? Does one increase sound or performance over another?

·
Bobby Lane Racing
5,679 Posts
hey you asked, and that's my suggestion. ;) I'd save up money and do both at the same time. making one part of your exhaust flow better with a bottleneck still in existence won't do much for you. Hit up Richie see if he work out a deal for both.

·
SFL AV6
1,024 Posts
I have just precats on and it's still beneficial. But what nighthawk is saying still makes perfect sense. Bottle neck holding back power. Cannot wait to strap on jpipe v3 arriving sometime this week. With precats on only, u can hear the air being jammed up in the jpipe on wide open throttle. So if I would have to get one before the other it would be the jpipe. It's very simple to install and from the feedback you gain some strong low end torque and midrange power.

·
Registered
652 Posts
SMALSER J-pipe it has all 3 things you want...

pre-cat deletes,j-pipe,and a 3rd cat so no AZZ smell or stain on

your Bumpers....:D:D:D:D:D:D
Yo for real.... this is truth. A few members on here have sold their v1 v2 v3 jpipes and pcds for the smalser jpipe,pcds,3rdcat. My plans down the road before thanksgiving hopefully.

·
24th Gear
819 Posts
Installations gonna be A LOT dependin on where you go... I heard the book at my buddys shop says its atleast a 4-5 hour job. Hell, too a friend and myself just around 10 hours to get mine done... but thats cause we're n00bs. lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts