Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.

Just had a headlight burn out on me and I was thinking that I would like to upgrade to something that is alot brighter and not the standard yellowish tint that comes with most stock headlight bulbs. I'm not familiar with brands or numbers as I am very new at this. From my research so far, people seem to like the Silverstar Ultra Brights. What should I get?

Thanks,

-Justin

·
User not found
430 Posts
they are supposed to be much brighter from the basic silvanias. Only problem is that they dont last nearly as long, one year if your lucky.

·
Registered
8,737 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
You need to trim it to fit. So get them trust me stock lumen is 1000 hir are 1850. That almost double

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
no that not a retrofit. That just using a different bulb

I can get new hid kits for you so PM me. But since you want to burn your amazon credit. I gave you the link for the bulbs. A basic retrofit with healdights is around the 500 range.

retrofit = Me putting this inside of your headlights

Then they look like this

and cut off is like this

·
Registered
119 Posts
If you don't retro get the 9012.... The trimming takes 30 seconds and they put out much more usable light. Its not a white look though but slightly cooler than stock. If you stay halogen and are interested in safety and longevity that's your best bet for 40$.

·
V6 M6
122 Posts
personnaly, I love my PIAA Intense White bulbs. They do great job, very bright and best bang for the buck. IF you don't mind about puting 500$ on lights.. maybe you should just change the bulb.

My 2 cent!

Guillaume

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you don't retro get the 9012.... The trimming takes 30 seconds and they put out much more useable light. Its not a white look though but slightly cooler than stock. If you stay halogen and are interested in safety and longevity that's your best bet for 40$.
When you say they are slightly cooler than stock, what do you mean, because 9012 here is off the charts blue. Which in my opinion would be fine.

Redirect Notice

·
Registered
119 Posts
When you say they are slightly cooler than stock, what do you mean, because 9012 here is off the charts blue. Which in my opinion would be fine.

Redirect Notice
They are noticeably whiter... but similar to stock. Not as white as a Silverstar Ultra (4100k) but they last 3-4x as long . Their around 3700k I believe and stock is about 3300k don't quote me... but noticeably more usable light just not as fashionable. Illuminates farther down the road.

·
Registered
119 Posts

Redirect Notice
Oh your misinterpreting.. 9012 is not the color temp its the bulb name. I didn't get what you meant initially.

·
Kevin
718 Posts
Go with the retro fits!! You will not regret it at all. thisaznboi88 retro'd mine for me and I couldn't be happier with them.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts