Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to decide between the K&N Typhoon and the AEM V2 CAI. I have heard very good reviews for both of them, but i do not know which one i will give the best horse power and low end torque gains.

What is the best site to buy them from must of the ones i have found are around the 300$.

·
24th Gear
819 Posts
I bought the K&N and I love it! I don't know about the design of the AEM but the K&N has a split in the tubing so it can be used as a Cold air or Ram air intake. Plus the K&N comes with "HP Gaurentee" (seriously comes with a dyno sheet and everything haha). That's my two cents. I think you'll probably be happy with either one, atleast I would hope so at that price. And if you don't feel like spendin that much, just go on ebay by a generic CAI and throw a K&N cone filter on it, prolly the same thing for a third of the price.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I removed the stock intake and put a cheese cloth with a rubber band over the throttle body. It's money.

/seriously though, I have the AEM V2 and love it. I'm sure the K&N is just as good. I got the AEM because the V2 was the latest and greatest and got suckered in by the advertising

·
24th Gear
819 Posts
You don't even need an intake, just got to Advance Auto, pick up a K&N drop-in and put the sticker on your car. The sticker alone adds 30-50 hp

·
Registered
722 Posts
I've had both, the short ram K&N to me seemed torquier, better throttle response, the v2 had an amazing growl but more top end. Just my opinion. You should pm Paul, nva-av6, and purchase a short-ram intake from him, best bang for the buck. Also, next time if you have a question and haven't found an answer, pm one of the moderators, they will either give you the answer or redirect you to someone who can. Thats what I did when I first joined.

·
03 AV6 Coupe
1,628 Posts
Injen CAI FTW!

·
Registered
151 Posts
What exactly is the difference between eBay intakes and good name brand intakes?
The brand name ones come with a sitcker on the pipe. All the piping will be the same, its only the filter that matters. And honestly I think some of the ebay CAI filters are better then the brand name ones. I have a $30 CAI from ebay from a company called euro tuning. It works like a charm and it was the biggest noticable increase in HP yet. Just be ready for a annoying install job.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Sigh.....

Go for the one you think sounds the best. The HP gains are minimal from any CAI for this car. And the difference in power between them all is probably 1-3hp.

·
Tee-Ooh-Double-Dee
2,701 Posts
^ This. That's why the AEM V2 is the best!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts