Accord V6 Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
All you need is a drop in performance air filter. If you really think about an air intake consists of a tube and a performance filter, the tube doesn't do anything, the filter does all the work, the only thing the tube does is add sound and you pay an extra $200 for just that tube. The performance filter that is sold by itself and it gives the same gains as an intake for $250 less.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Drop in filters do add performance. But even without showing you dyno proven results, if your statement were true, none of these companies would still be around.

·
Tee-Ooh-Double-Dee
2,701 Posts
^ Exactly. The gains might not be huge with a CAI, but they are there. I guarantee my V2 is flowing more air and making more HP at the top of the power band over the stock intake with a drop in performance filter.

·
FG4
2,274 Posts
I say go with what design you like best, k&n or aem, but the only thing i do recommend is a k&n air filter because their filters do outperform the competition

·
Registered
58 Posts
True, you guys are right. I was just trying to prove a point that if you're looking for a quick jump in hp and you're trying to save money the air filter isn't a bad option.

·
Tee-Ooh-Double-Dee
2,701 Posts
I say go with what design you like best, k&n or aem, but the only thing i do recommend is a k&n air filter because their filters do outperform the competition
Actually the AEM Dryflow out performs the K&N and you don't have to oil it. Just saying. :)

True, you guys are right. I was just trying to prove a point that if you're looking for a quick jump in hp and you're trying to save money the air filter isn't a bad option.
No doubt, I agree, if you don't want to spend the money on a true intake and you just want to pick up a few HP, a drop in is a good option. But if you want the growl of an intake and get as much HP as you can, you really can't beat a true quality CAI. Not the ebay sh*t either. K&N, AEM or Injen are good quality intakes. You really can't go wrong with any of them, I just happen to be biased toward the V2 since I have one and L-O-V-E it.

Oh, and welcome. :wave: Just noticed this was only your 2nd post. Thanks for not spamming it up like most new members do!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Actually the AEM Dryflow out performs the K&N and you don't have to oil it. Just saying. :)

No doubt, I agree, if you don't want to spend the money on a true intake and you just want to pick up a few HP, a drop in is a good option. But if you want the growl of an intake and get as much HP as you can, you really can't beat a true quality CAI. Not the ebay sh*t either. K&N, AEM or Injen are good quality intakes. You really can't go wrong with any of them, I just happen to be biased toward the V2 since I have one and L-O-V-E it.

Oh, and welcome. :wave: Just noticed this was only your 2nd post. Thanks for not spamming it up like most new members do!
Thanks, and no problem I'm not trying to annoy anybody here haha. What's your experience with the AEM V2 intake? I can't decide between that or an Injen RD intake for my car

·
Tee-Ooh-Double-Dee
2,701 Posts
And just when I complimented you, you go and start a completely new intake thread. :banghead:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am trying to decide between the K&N Typhoon and the AEM V2 CAI. I have heard very good reviews for both of them, but i do not know which one i will give the best horse power and low end torque gains.

What is the best site to buy them from must of the ones i have found are around the 300$.
The K&N typhoon is the best for me. I'll bet on it. :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
dose anyone know if i need to retune/reflash or program the ecu/pcm after a cold air intake, and/or after an exhaust kit is installed?

21 - 34 of 34 Posts