Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not looking for any kind of hints. Pure white would be nice.

I want to keep my vehicle stock looking. I just can't see anything with the stock bulbs :(

Should I go for a stronger OEM bulb? I'm looking for a bulb, which actually serves a purpose.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
i hear the 9005/9006 swap gives you better lighting. I dont know about the bulbs though, theres alot of threads on here about lights though, do a search.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I had PIAA extreme white bulbs. They're pure white. I just got the CATZ 4500k HID kit recently and they're about 10% brighter than my PIAA bulbs. :laugh:

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
sylvania silverstars are the best bang for the buck, if you are not serious about getting HID's yet.
My friend with his black 2000 SI has these on his car and they are super bright :eek: .

How much do these bulbs cost because I can't afford HID's but hate the OEM ones.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have Philips Blue Vision in my car and they aren't bad, since they are about half the price of the silverstars (although I have heard that silverstars are really good). From inside the car you can still see a slight hint of yellow, but still much whiter than stock, and the light output seems to have increased as well. From the outside they look very white, can't really see any yellow at all.

Hope that helps.

·
Hella Functional
4,960 Posts
silverstars are not that white at all... it's pretty yellow compared to most Online Aftermarket bulbs.

Silverstars has one of the highest lumens out of all the bulbs. It really lights up ur roads

·
Registered
25 Posts
But silverstars and bluevision (especially silverstar) are still much whiter than stock though, right?

For my blue vision anyways, there is no bluish color in the light ouput at all, more like a white/very slight yellow output, unlike some aftermarket bulbs which can be look pretty blue.

But then those aftermarket bulbs don't really light up the road at all, and more for looks. Depends on what you want I guess, but personally I prefer praciticality/safety over just looks.

·
Hella Functional
4,960 Posts
But silverstars and bluevision (especially silverstar) are still much whiter than stock though, right?

For my blue vision anyways, there is no bluish color in the light ouput at all, more like a white/very slight yellow output, unlike some aftermarket bulbs which can be look pretty blue.

But then those aftermarket bulbs don't really light up the road at all, and more for looks. Depends on what you want I guess, but personally I prefer praciticality/safety over just looks.
I mean, if u look at the silverstars and the regular headlights, u can tell that the silverstars are much whiter. But overall, i think silverstars are the best

·
#1 Stunna
426 Posts
Silverstars run about $20/bulb. I have PIAA xtreme bulbs in mine and silverstars in my fiance's car. Both are great, though I'm partial to the PIAA's. They are really white. They are bright too but are somewhat lacking in rain/snow as with any aftermarket bulb.

·
Registered
25 Posts
But don't PIAA xtreme white bulbs run for even more than silverstars?

And I thought silverstars were actually pretty decent in rain/snow, at least better than most other aftermarket bulbs from what I heard, is that really true?

·
Hella Functional
4,960 Posts
But don't PIAA xtreme white bulbs run for even more than silverstars?

And I thought silverstars were actually pretty decent in rain/snow, at least better than most other aftermarket bulbs from what I heard, is that really true?

Yes, and YES

·
#1 Stunna
426 Posts
PIAA's run about $60-$70 a pair. Pretty much all aftermarket bulbs suck in rain/snow, but PIAA's and silverstars are better than your run of the mill nokya's, hyper industries, etc. since they don't have the blue coating to decrease light output. Yellow/amber light is best for bad weather. I use a yellow bulb for my high beams. I would get OEM fogs if I had some money and then wouldn't care about the output of the PIAA's during rain. Hell, I would just get HID's but supposedly you won't be able to buy them after 8/15.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts