Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about to drop my 7th accord.
Coilovers VS lowering springs....
I am not sure which one is better.
I heard that coilover makes the car not as comfortable as stock suspension.
Also, how much should I drop with 17in's rims?
Thanks!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've got the HFP suspension on my '06. It dropped it to 1 finger gap in the rear and 2 in the front. Perfect IMO, still streetable, looks good and isn't overly stiff. This is with the stock 17s (P215/50 R17)

·
I feel da need 4 6-speeds
2,313 Posts
I have the Comptech springs with Koni sports and Comptech rear sway bar rollin' on 18's. 1 finger gap all the way around. I've heard a lot of good things about coilovers but I decided to go springs/shocks because I did my mod in this order:

1. Replace stock springs/rear sway with Comptech springs/rear sway. Added SPC rear camber adjuster. Stock shocks. Stock 6-speed wheels. Ride was near stock but the stock shocks started to feel weak after a few months of daily driving.

2. Replaced stock shocks with Konis and got 4 wheel alignment. HUGE difference! Ride was firm and acceptable for daily driving. Handling and high speed stability improved.

3. Replaced stock wheels/tires with aftermarket wheels (TSW Catalunyas 17x7) and tires (225/50/17 Avon Tech M550 A/S). Had this setup for about 2 years. Ride was a notch firmer (not bouncy). Handling and high speed stability remained the same.

4. Replaced wheels/tires with ASA AR2 18x7.5 wheels and 225/40/18 Bridgestone RE960AS Pole Positions. This was the setup I've been looking for with regards to ride. Surprisingly, the ride improved significantly. It is still firm but rough roads don't upset my car as much as the 225/50/17 setup did. Very happy camper now!

My .02 cents. :D

·
Formerly EPS Sniper
762 Posts
AmritCM8 said:
I've got the HFP suspension on my '06. It dropped it to 1 finger gap in the rear and 2 in the front. Perfect IMO, still streetable, looks good and isn't overly stiff. This is with the stock 17s (P215/50 R17)
Got pics?

·
1,576 Posts
i have the Tein SS-P's and they ride really good, id say they ride as stock or better in my opinion. my friend has them on his TL also and they ride smooth.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
flyvtec said:
I have the Comptech springs with Koni sports and Comptech rear sway bar rollin' on 18's. 1 finger gap all the way around. I've heard a lot of good things about coilovers but I decided to go springs/shocks because I did my mod in this order:

1. Replace stock springs/rear sway with Comptech springs/rear sway. Added SPC rear camber adjuster. Stock shocks. Stock 6-speed wheels. Ride was near stock but the stock shocks started to feel weak after a few months of daily driving.

2. Replaced stock shocks with Konis and got 4 wheel alignment. HUGE difference! Ride was firm and acceptable for daily driving. Handling and high speed stability improved.

3. Replaced stock wheels/tires with aftermarket wheels (TSW Catalunyas 17x7) and tires (225/50/17 Avon Tech M550 A/S). Had this setup for about 2 years. Ride was a notch firmer (not bouncy). Handling and high speed stability remained the same.

4. Replaced wheels/tires with ASA AR2 18x7.5 wheels and 225/40/18 Bridgestone RE960AS Pole Positions. This was the setup I've been looking for with regards to ride. Surprisingly, the ride improved significantly. It is still firm but rough roads don't upset my car as much as the 225/50/17 setup did. Very happy camper now!

My .02 cents. :D
Wow...does your rear sway bar help?
I am thinking about getting lowering springs.
Maybe 2 inch lower for the front and 1 inch for the rear?

·
you gotta rub to dub!
1,126 Posts
The first time around, I had Tokico shocks with Eibach Prokits....HATED the drop.... Then I went with Ground Control Coilover Sleeves. Ride was very close to stock but had a floating feel. Cool thing was, I can change the height any way I wanted it.

This time around I knew exactly how low I wanted it so I got Tokico Shocks again with Eibach Sportlines..........but I cut a coil to drop the front even more since I was going staggered 17's instead of 18's. Not cutting the coils left the ride even but with the front fender being so large, it made the front look high uncut.

·
I feel da need 4 6-speeds
2,313 Posts
imnotmatt1189 said:
hey flyvtec, how does the comptech springs compare to neuspeed race springs?
Can't say. I've never had neuspeed race springs so I can't compare them to the comptechs. All I can say about the comptechs is that I'm happy with them. :D

cucubing ... the rear sway bar helps a lot with regards to the side to side motion of the car when turning.

You can see the Comptech rear sway bar (silver color) in this pic:

Recent pic:

·
hella flush
7,225 Posts
why would u cut your springs.....

anyways, get coilovers if you got the money
if not, save up for it, it'll be worth it in the end

·
you gotta rub to dub!
1,126 Posts
Theres nothing wrong with cutting springs, from what Ive experienced anyways since Ive always cut 1 to 2 coils at the most. The ride hasnt changed one bit. Plus, I dont like the ride of the Teins so now that I know that Omni coilovers are available from our V6P vendor, I'll be going with those.

·
Registered
49 Posts
relentless said:
The first time around, I had Tokico shocks with Eibach Prokits....HATED the drop.... Then I went with Ground Control Coilover Sleeves. Ride was very close to stock but had a floating feel. Cool thing was, I can change the height any way I wanted it.

This time around I knew exactly how low I wanted it so I got Tokico Shocks again with Eibach Sportlines..........but I cut a coil to drop the front even more since I was going staggered 17's instead of 18's. Not cutting the coils left the ride even but with the front fender being so large, it made the front look high uncut.

Do you remember what the part number on those Eibach Sportline springs was? And what camber kit did you use?

·
you gotta rub to dub!
1,126 Posts
The part number for the sportlines is 4.4440. I have no camber kit in the front since they're barely within spec. I'm using an SPC Rear camber kit for the rear.

1,221 Posts
hey flyvtec
so how are the comptechs compared to stock? i might get some and sell the neuspeed race ones that im getting w/ my supercup kit.
oh and by the way, are you in san diego? cuz i see your chargers license plate frame..

·
Registered
49 Posts
relentless said:
The part number for the sportlines is 4.4440. I have no camber kit in the front since they're barely within spec. I'm using an SPC Rear camber kit for the rear.
:D Thanks dude. Just wanted to make sure because I went to eibach's website and they had listed that part number only for 3.0 sedans and a different number for coupes and only I4's not V6's. Was your alignment expensive? Where did you have it done?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts