Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get just speakers in my ex v6. Would good speakers improve the sound dramaticlly. I work at best buy so all speakers are 50% of. What sould I Get and what size do I need

·
Jr Member
240 Posts
I don't think Best Buy sells Infinity or Jl Audio, Since you work there I am pretty sure you can audition what they have and buy what you like. Everytime I go to Best Buy I just pass thier car audio depart., nothing suits me there.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Get an amp and a ported box with a 10" sub.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I wouldnt bother with car audio from bestbuy, most of it its very impressive. Besides, im sure with your discount, the prices arent much cheaper than prices on ebay, so I'd just go all out and get a nice system. Check my sig.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Go with Rockford Fosgate. Best Buy carries them and they are pretty good. RF is among the best. They own MB Quart, so they make some really good stuff.

Their Punch 2 and 3 subs are pretty damn good too.

Most importantly, car audio (and any other) is subjective. Listen to your own CDs at the store, and make your own judgements. People will harp on their brands and choices blind to the most important fact, it's your decision and your ears.

BTW I have Polk Audio in my car. :cool:

·
Registered
760 Posts
Go with Rockford Fosgate. I work at Best Buy too, and Rockford Fosgate has an accomodation for us (until June 30th) that's even cheaper than our employee discount. I'm getting one 12" P3 sub, 2 amps, 6-3/4" components in the front, 6X9s in the back, a capacitor, and the wiring kit for $680 shipped!

·
blah blah blah
325 Posts
silvabullet said:
Guys I Want to spend around $100 with my discount. The speakers are probably $200 + . Will changing just the speakers do anything though???
You hear some difference but you won't get the full potential of your speakers if don't get a aftermarket headunit or a amp cuz the stock headunit doesn't supply enough power.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
you can leave your stock radio and just add an amp and speakers. But if your only looking to spend $100 thats not going to be easy. I dont think aftermarket speakers w/ you stock head unit will make that much of a difference you need to put some power to them. I think stock head unit line out converter amo and then some aftermarket speakers would be the best. Start checking on here for people selling stuff or check out ebay.

·
Registered
365 Posts
if you don't want to go aftermarket headunit, you're going to have to get good amps with very low distortion to get better clarity.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Your wasting your time if your budget is only $100.

If your looking at getting speakers you'll need an amp to power it because the stock HU is only good enough for your stock speakers.

To get better sound you'll need to replace the factory speakers with aftermarket ones powered by an aftermarket amp and atleast a 10in sub & amp.

I spent $1500 for the 10in Infinity Basslink, 6.5in Infinity Reference Series Component system (Infinity Kappas won't fit the door panels), Infinity Kappa Series 6x9, Alpine 4-channel amp, parts, and cost of installation. If I had the opportunity to get 50% off and probably free installation the cost of everything still would have been well over $500. Of course I wasn't shopping for the best deals but my sound is crisp and solid still using the stock 6-Disc CD player. I'm looking into replacing the Infinity Basslink with the Infinity Basslink-T (3 10in subs) made for SUVs and hatchbacks but will fit perfectly in the Accord Coupe trunk. :)

Again, with only $100... I don't think it's worth it.

·
Registered
594 Posts
D R E W said:
Your wasting your time if your budget is only $100.

If your looking at getting speakers you'll need an amp to power it because the stock HU is only good enough for your stock speakers.

To get better sound you'll need to replace the factory speakers with aftermarket ones powered by an aftermarket amp and atleast a 10in sub & amp.

I spent $1500 for the 10in Infinity Basslink, 6.5in Infinity Reference Series Component system (Infinity Kappas won't fit the door panels), Infinity Kappa Series 6x9, Alpine 4-channel amp, parts, and cost of installation. If I had the opportunity to get 50% off and probably free installation the cost of everything still would have been well over $500. Of course I wasn't shopping for the best deals but my sound is crisp and solid still using the stock 6-Disc CD player. I'm looking into replacing the Infinity Basslink with the Infinity Basslink-T (3 10in subs) made for SUVs and hatchbacks but will fit perfectly in the Accord Coupe trunk. :)

Again, with only $100... I don't think it's worth it.
do you highly recommend the Infinity Reference Component? Like you, I really want to keep the stock stereo for the time being b/c of 6 disc. And until I get afford a touch screen and navi, I will probably not run aftermarket HU. However, if I do switch over to aftermarket, will these speakers still be okay? i don't want to get ANOTHER set after. I will probably get an amp and run some form of a sub setup as well. does it hit well?

·
Registered
676 Posts
I'm pretty happy with the sound quality coming from the Infinity speakers for the price. Very crisp and clear when powered by an aftermarket amp. You won't have to change anything if you decide to go with an aftermarket HU unless you decide to invest into some pricey speakers or your not satisfied with the Infinity speakers. Really can't go wrong with Infinity.

·
Registered
81 Posts
You can go wrong with RF. Possibly their new stuff is decent, but I heard RF subs/amp a couple of years ago and their terrible. This is coming from someone who used to own a Punch 60ix amp and 2 punch 10" subs that hit HAAAAAAAARD from 11 years ago.

Infinity reference is ok, but Kappas are the way to go.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts