Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay i'm planning to get a sway bar.. dont know what i should get for my v6..

any help is appreciated.

oh yeah. and a strut bar too

·
Your Mom Drives a Honda
1,999 Posts
the way i looked at it was the comptech one was only a couple MM thicker than the TL one....average daily driver wont notice a difference....and the cost difference is huge....so i went with the TL sway....now then you get that question again for the front strut tower bar....the 6sp one is just about as thick as anything you can get aftermarket and is cheaper...so once again you may pay for a couple more MM and a name.....and then the front sway bar from what I have heard isnt worth it because you have to drop the frame to install it...but i have a 6spd with the tl rear sway and the factory front strut bar and wouldnt change them for anything

·
Your Mom Drives a Honda
1,999 Posts
1. go to the parts store on the left
2. pick TL as model
3. 2005 as year
4. 4dr sport (anyone of those will do)
5. ka6mt
6. rear lower arm
7. under there you need a number 3 and 2 of number 4 and 2 of number 5

·
St. Louis!
3,378 Posts
52306-sep-a11 you need 2 of that, they are bushings
52308-s3m-a00 and 2 of that, they are holders
52300-SEP-A11 and that is the sway bar
Thats everything you need

·
Registered
66 Posts
Kingof3rdinput said:
Greddy Strut looks better than it performs. It's damn sharp though :) And definately get the TL-S rear sway, its the best mod under $50.

Why is it the best mod for under 50$? Does it really change that much for handeling? How hard is it to install?

·
St. Louis!
3,378 Posts
It does change the handling drastically. Scale of 1-10 for the amateur like myself, I say 5. If you remove a wheel which I was dumb enough not to do. That would make a 3. Super easy.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Kingof3rdinput said:

Where do you get these parts from?

smokin6speed said:
7. under there you need a number 3 and 2 of number 4 and 2 of number 5
acurapartsstore.com does't show a number three in the parts list, but they do in the diagram. É :confused:

·
Registered
158 Posts
You may want to think about getting the TL front sway as well. Some people here have discovered just adding the rear sway introduces too much oversteer, making the car spin-prone, especially on wet roads. Under these conditions, a hot lane change can end in disaster.

Installing the front sway takes a bit more work- you have to drop the subframe a couple inches to get the bar out and will probably need an alignment afterwards. If you have jackstands and a good floor jack, it's easy to do.

If you don't want to mess with the front sway, consider getting a smaller rear sway, like the regular TL bar. It isn't as drastic oversteer (torsional rigidity varies on the square of the radius, meaning that even 1 or 2 mm will make a big difference) and will match up with your stock 25mm Honda front sway for a more balanced feel.

As with all performance mods, bigger isn't always better. Adding beefy aftermarket sways will certainly allow your Honda to carve up the turns on a race track, but the car will be a handful on slick roads. The other end of the spectrum is the stock setup, which Honda makes understeer-prone so that Joe Sixpack with no driving training won't wrap his car around a telephone pole when he tries to change lanes. :)

Accordingly, the type of sway you should get depends on your application. Once you answer that question, you'll know what to get.

I'll be installing the TL-S front and rear sways in a few weeks and will report back.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sweet.. thanx for the info...

well i received the tl sway bar (20mm) and i'm plannig to install it this weekend..
i also bought the ingall camber and i 'm thinking of getting the neuspeed front strut bar.

that should make out my modifications

i'm runnining 19s now and living in nyc. i highly doubt i'm gonna be as aggressive as before.

·
Wheelgap = sleeper mod
3,038 Posts
Kingof3rdinput said:
I know this sounds stupid, but I'd rather ask and sound stupid than make a mistake while ordering. I got the holders and the bushings using the part numbers, but when I hit 52300-SEP-A11, it says "Spring, RR Stabilizer." is that the piece I am looking for? never heard a rear sway called that honestly. Just want to make sure. Thanks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Doesn't the 05 6sp EX comes with Rear antisway bar? I know my car has it.. is the TL sway bar any different ?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts