Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
6MT
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my 04 coupe, I had coffee spilled and it got all over the floormats + carpet. Cleaned that stuff off but still had a weird smell. When I got my 05, i forgot about the floor mat so I put it in, but few days later, i remembered that annoying smell again, and i immediately took it out. But my car still smells a lil weird, kinda like new car smell, and kinda like old coffee... does anyone know how to get rid of that smell? :(

·
I feel da need 4 6-speeds
2,313 Posts
if it's getting to you, get your carpet professionally cleaned at a good car wash place...coffee and new car smell probably isn't very good on the nose eh?

·
St. Louis!
3,378 Posts
I used to work next to a detail shop, those guys can do anything, it's crazy. They can fix smells, and coffee problems with their hands tied behind their backs. Professional detail should cost about $99 tops.

·
JB4 e92
5,224 Posts
Try getting some carpet cleaner stuff at the store. I've tried using something called Oxy-Clean that you can pick up at Best Buy on some nasty stains in the apartment, and they came out perfectly.

·
I'm stupid with cars
610 Posts
thats why no food or drinks never go inside my 05

·
6MT
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i didn't stain my new car, the smell has been in my old car for like a month, then i moved the already cleaned "stained" floormat into my 05. The smell is like in the air, its not actually stained in my carpet, thats why I was wonderin wher eI should spray o_O

the carpet in my new car isn't dirty, its jus the smell kinda is stuck in my car...

unless fabreeze works in the air lol

·
4 bangin'
2,277 Posts
open all your windows (^like stated above^) and floor it till your speedo reads 120, hold it there for like 30 seconds, then spray a lil oust, and you should be good, haha.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I had someone sit in the backseat of my TSX once and they had something on the bottom on their shoes that made my car stink so bad it was like something died in it.

So I took the floor mat out rinsed it with water, soaked it with both dishwashing liquid and liquid tide. I then used a brush to rub in the soap throughly and let it soak a little. After a little while I rubbed out the soap throughly with a brush and by rinsing it alot. I let it dry naturally and the smell was completely gone plus my rugs smelled like fresh clothes. :D

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Oh yeah when I mean by "rub" I mean stroke in a vertical and circular motion. Make sure you "push" the soap into the rug and then "push" it out by stroking all the way to the ends.

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
when i need to clean my mats, i plop them on the driveway, spray, pour laundry detergent on, dance around on my mats for 1-2 minutes, then spray off the soap. after that i fling them dry, taking care to splash onto the cars three houses down, and then let them sit in the sun. cleaning takes 10 min per mat, drying takes a few hours, depending on the temp that day. works like a charm every time, even in my MOTHER'S minivan!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Showtime said:
thats why no food or drinks never go inside my 05
for the first year, I avoided McDs and most chicken places.
they go in the trunk.
lately Ive let it go and so far so good.
just crack the window open :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts