Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have a 7th gen sedan graphite pearl and was thinking of doing something with the headlights. I was thinking of going retro with my own stock headlights but i managed to get a inspired headlight for a very good deal (its brand new in box). Sofar, I have a pair of TSX headlights with the projectors intact, a pair of TSX projectors, and a set of S2K headlights with the projector still intact. I was thinking of going Inspired with TSX retro since it's been done allready

http://www.v6performance.net/galler...&sort=1&cat=all

or just keep it stock and put in S2K low beams and TSX Highbeams. Like i mentioned before It's my first retro and i can use all the help, idea, and experience you guys can offer me. Any different combinations that you guys can suggest would be very helpful (AS long as they are possible) :D

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
dual projectors on the 7th gen are sick. Especially with that kind of setup. Check Dreamer a member on this forum he has a quad setup.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spyder said:
dual projectors on the 7th gen are sick. Especially with that kind of setup. Check Dreamer a member on this forum he has a quad setup.
Thanks for your idea but what kinda of set would you recommend? Ispired or stock double double.

·
Fast at Last!... kind of.
2,163 Posts
Good luck trying to install/fit both projectors in.

Inspire w/ TSX is plenty bright enough. Or Inspire with S2K.

Quad projector is over-kill unless you have the skill/expertise to PROPERLY aim them, 'cause messing it up is just a waste of projectors.

If you are not using the S2Ks please let me know as I might be interested in them.

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
fastV6 said:
I was thinking of going Inspired with TSX retro since it's been done allready
who did it? there was someone talking about doing it, but I havent seen it done...

are you gonna mount the projector in the top section of the Inspire headlight? or in the lower section?

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
IMO, Quad projectors are silly unless one pair or both pair of projectors are Bixenon. Otherwise, when you hit your high beams, you'll be flashing the HIDs on and off. It's been discussed and debated several times here, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

My vote goes to color-modded s2000 projectors in the low beam, and OE halogen highs.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Someone was talking about it a few months ago, but most of the replies suggested that he should keep the Inspire headlights as they are. Modding Inspire headlights is venturing into uncharted territory, since there aren't any DIYs and no one has reported success or posted any pictures.

The reflector area is differently shaped and sized. If I had a pair of these lights, I would leave them as is. They're designed for HID use and their appearance (especially when lit) is sufficiently different from stock to stand out from the rest of the 7th gen crowd. Apperently, the light output is quite good, if your only concern is lighting up the road.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sumptimwong said:
IMO, Quad projectors are silly unless one pair or both pair of projectors are Bixenon. Otherwise, when you hit your high beams, you'll be flashing the HIDs on and off. It's been discussed and debated several times here, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

My vote goes to color-modded s2000 projectors in the low beam, and OE halogen highs.

Thanks fo the tip :)

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
APOLLON said:
Someone was talking about it a few months ago, but most of the replies suggested that he should keep the Inspire headlights as they are. Modding Inspire headlights is venturing into uncharted territory, since there aren't any DIYs and no one has reported success or posted any pictures.

The reflector area is differently shaped and sized. If I had a pair of these lights, I would leave them as is. They're designed for HID use and their appearance (especially when lit) is sufficiently different from stock to stand out from the rest of the 7th gen crowd. Apperently, the light output is quite good, if your only concern is lighting up the road.
THis is the Canadian member who did the retro and came out perfect without much of a risk (thats what he said)

http://www.v6performance.net/galler...&sort=1&cat=all

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
APOLLON said:
Yes, that's what I was told when I was doing research into possibly getting a pair of these lights.

I'm already running D2R Bulbs and the refelction is okay, but the glare is a killer for the oncoming trafic.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Steverino said:
Good luck trying to install/fit both projectors in.

Inspire w/ TSX is plenty bright enough. Or Inspire with S2K.

Quad projector is over-kill unless you have the skill/expertise to PROPERLY aim them, 'cause messing it up is just a waste of projectors.

If you are not using the S2Ks please let me know as I might be interested in them.

Thanks for your idea.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
APOLLON said:
The link is dead.
Sorry aBOUT IT. jUST PUT IT IN YOUR ADDRESS AND PRESS ENTER. tHE GUYS IS STILL A MEMBER BUT I THINK I MESSED UP THE LINK. :rolleye2:

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
APOLLON said:
The link is dead.
Your right. Better yet if you search in the HID forums you'll see a threat that states " Need help with inspired lights" or something close to that. Just read througha and you'll also see the pics too. Tell what do you think about what he did.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'm in the process of the TSX - Inspire retro. The TSX projector fits well in the bottom HID part with NO bezel needed. I'll post pics once I finish up....

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
arom said:
I'm in the process of the TSX - Inspire retro. The TSX projector fits well in the bottom HID part with NO bezel needed. I'll post pics once I finish up....
Thanks alot. I'm doing the very same but haven't started yet. I'm Trying to do one on stock (2 sets of projectors) And one inspired With one set of TSX projectors see if i could creat somehting crazy butr please keep me posted.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts