Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
think fast, drive faster
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi evreybody, last week i'm gone to a dyno shop and make a run, completely stock Accord 2004 V6 automatic on winter tire 15''. The result: 156.4(5750 rpm)hp and 156.5 of torque (4250 rpm) on 3rd gear. 1 of my precat are obstructed.

Yesterday, with Short Ram intake, custom headers/J-Pipe and custom exhaust on my 18'' Continental Extreme Contact DW, always on 3rd gear: 170. hp (7500 rpm!?) and 130.0 (6250).

Ok I know it's impossible at 7500rmp, so...

Does my transmission are in trouble to doing some poor number !?

The tuner say my car run too rich, what do to fix the problem!?

Thanks,
Gabriel

·
TrakCord
1,485 Posts
howd you get to 7500 RPMs??? Lol..Maybe torque converter slippage? And you will dyno alot less power in third gear...IDK the exact difference but it may be ~30whp??

·
SSM_AV6-6
1,050 Posts
Wouldn't the dyno take care of that? I'm not too familiar with dynos, especially with ATs, but isn't the ratio of the gear factored into the result, meaning you can dyno in first or sixth gear and the end result would be roughly the same after the gear ratio is accounted for?

·
TrakCord
1,485 Posts
Wouldn't the dyno take care of that? I'm not too familiar with dynos, especially with ATs, but isn't the ratio of the gear factored into the result, meaning you can dyno in first or sixth gear and the end result would be roughly the same after the gear ratio is accounted for?
naw not really if you ever get a chance to dyno test it out, i tried third and fourth and the numbers were very different.

·
EliteCM.net
5,369 Posts
maybe their dyno is messed up? i mean come on if it reads rpm wrong or your car is messed up. id go to another shop and see. mustang dynos are reading either too high or too low. dont remember excatly which it is.

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
something is really really off. You lost over 30% hp and 40% tq. wtf?

·
Mr. Detail
1,138 Posts
If one of your precats is clogged, it can significantly reduce exhaust flow and make the engine run rich.

·
TrakCord
1,485 Posts
pretty sure its the type of dyno and the fact he dynoed in third and he has an automatic trans. All of which equal :mad::eek::confused::angry::banghead::bawling: :barf::smack::eek2::furious::down:

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Here is my question.. Seeing how I have seen my friend setup multiple cars on his Mustang MD-500 dyno. Was he able to pick up the RPM from the coil pack wire or did they calculate RPM by roller speed? If by Roller speed they were in the gear that the run was to take place right?

Otherwise I know that will skew numbers. Would also make sense why/how he got to 7500rpms.

All my dyno Numbers are from my friends dyno. Like stated above its and MD-500 2WD Mustang Dynamometer.

·
Honda enthusiast
603 Posts
The rpms are all off. Looks like the technician didn't know what he was doing. Peak hp for our cars is at 6250(240 at the crank) and peak torque at 5000(212). Fuel cutoff is at 7200 so howd it even get to 7500? Clogged precat definitly going to hurt those numbers. I think the precat and that tech are the culprits.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Wut could be clogging the pre-cats? i would understand if excess gas or hot temps made the pre-cats fail and pieces of the pre-cat clog the third cat, but what could clog the pre-cat and how would these mytery particles not get sucked back up into the engine creating more problems. It also sounds like that dyno is just not working/calibrated correctly.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts