Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im probably moving to new york city at the end of the year, and i plan to get rid of my car. take a look at the mods in my signature. it has 122k miles, 3M tinted windows, and a custom flat black paint job. ive never had any problems with the car and it runs perfectly. its never missed a scheduled maintenance or been in any major crashes (a couple of fender benders with no structural damage). i do NOT plan on parting it out...too much hassle, and im not that hard up for cash.

i realize prices vary depending on the area/market. i also realize i can probably get more for it in new york than here. all im asking for is opinions from you guys about what price range you think i should try to sell in.

i posted a link to some pics of it a while back before the supercharger was installed. when i get closer to trying to sell, ill take some new ones.

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I'm thinking 6 grand

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wht2kAccord said:
I'm thinking 6 grand
that would be pretty dissappointing considering the 13 to 14 grand put into it over the last 2 years. i dont think ill sell that low. id give it to a family member before i sold it for that. kelly blue book stock for my car in 'good condition' and at 'private seller' price is over 7 grand. whered you get 6 grand from?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
...once again.
Ripov said:
i do NOT plan on parting it out...too much hassle, and im not that hard up for cash.
returning to stock is probably not even an option as i doubt i still have everything i took off still in working order. im hoping for a buyer interested in a modded car. since i dont really need money, i can hold out forever for a good price or just not sell at all. i probably wont replace it since ill be in the city, and i already have a place to keep it if i need to. surely, new york will have someone whos an enthusiast and can appreciate the condition of the car...especially after they get behind the wheel for a test drive. :naughty:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dtownz Thrillah said:
hrmmm pictures would be cool =]
Ripov said:
...from an earlier thread: crappy camera + crappy photographer + cloudy day = not-so-good pics. also, these are pre-supercharger. ill be posting some updated pics when i get a chance...only thing different is the engine bay with the supercharger...and it looks a LOT different. :cool:

·
Registered
355 Posts
well...I just calculated 6 grand because your car is a 98 and it has high mileage....plus it's modded....in OUR minds we think a modded car is worth more because we actually put money into the car, but it actually lowers the value and no one reallyl wants modded cars

Yeah, I woudl totally strip the car and part it out (which is VERY useful for people on the boards...not me because I am all done)

You will be able to get more money out of it this way...or do what you said to me before...if it's not worth selling it, then just go ahead and give it away as a gift, or sell it to family member for dirt cheap

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wht2kAccord said:
well...I just calculated 6 grand because your car is a 98 and it has high mileage....plus it's modded....in OUR minds we think a modded car is worth more because we actually put money into the car, but it actually lowers the value and no one reallyl wants modded cars

Yeah, I woudl totally strip the car and part it out (which is VERY useful for people on the boards...not me because I am all done)

You will be able to get more money out of it this way...or do what you said to me before...if it's not worth selling it, then just go ahead and give it away as a gift, or sell it to family member for dirt cheap
if i cant find a specialized buyer, i may do just that. i dont even think i still have all the stock parts, and i dont even want to think of what it would cost me to rip all that stuff out. :goofy:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Du3ce said:
atleast part out the lip kit, im definately interested in your front ww lip
because of the custiom paint, id have to repaint whats under the kit. :no:

·
Registered
355 Posts
oh dang..sucks

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
pics here

Ripov said:
...from an earlier thread: crappy camera + crappy photographer + cloudy day = not-so-good pics. also, these are pre-supercharger. ill be posting some updated pics when i get a chance...only thing different is the engine bay with the supercharger...and it looks a LOT different. :cool:
click on the pics link above for new and updated pics. opinions welcome.

·
Registered
148 Posts
*ahem*cough* give me your supercharger *cough* ill pick it up when u move to NYC, think about it, well like u said if u arent strapped for cash keep it, have it as a weekend driver, if u want the best money out of it part it out, but if an accord enthusiast were to buy it id imagine around 11k since im sure tranny is almost garbage and the engine does have a quite a bit of miles

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dice said:
*ahem*cough* give me your supercharger *cough* ill pick it up when u move to NYC, think about it, well like u said if u arent strapped for cash keep it, have it as a weekend driver, if u want the best money out of it part it out, but if an accord enthusiast were to buy it id imagine around 11k since im sure tranny is almost garbage and the engine does have a quite a bit of miles
yeah...high miles is the biggest drawback, i think. the tranny, however, has never stuttered before even once. it can lurch a bit when boost hits it hard all at once, but that is normal, i think, and rare since i try to excelerate through the gears pretty smoothly for the most part. i bought the cooler because it was recommended with the s/c. i suppose its doing it job.
$11k was about what i was thinking...hoping for.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I think thats still a great price, if i saw u before i bought my accord I would deff buy yours, also i know a guy down here in brookyn that can help you with the mileage issue if u get really tired of bs hehe GL on the sale man

·
I hate my Ford
664 Posts
if ur not gonna part out, ur better off just keeping it unless some1 says "hey nice car" and shoots u a good offer for it...between ur custom paint, the s/c, and the lip kit thats 6 grand right there, which u would probably get for the entire car if u sold it stock...selling ur car on ebay might be another thing to consider, i always see tons of modded cars on there, and since ull be in NY u have a large amount of people who potentially can see the listing.

and if both fail, just run it to the ground, thats what i plan to do :D

·
THLA 2009 Bombsquad
9,831 Posts
im keeping my car forever .. you should do the same .. yoru car is soooo nice man ..

buy yeah .. timdatis has a good idea .. just shoot out an offer to someone when they say its nice haha

1 - 20 of 28 Posts