Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 330 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What has been the average fuel economy for your 3.0 V6. I have a '00 Accord V6 I drove to Virginia from Mississippi and stopped for gas only once during the trip. I was able to get well over 430 miles/tank of gas. The photo below shows how far I went before refilling the tank. I wasn't completely empty and NO gas light had come on also. I could have gone further, but I decided to refill then instead of pushing it. I put 12.5 gal in the tank. The accord has a 17 gal tank so that averages out to 35.6 miles/gal which is higher than the sticker's 20/28 suggested range. I drove back and got the same gas mileage also. I averaged 80 mph also.

Just trying to see if anyone else is getting mileage like this?
DTB

·
TQ challenged
434 Posts
DTB said:
What has been the average fuel economy for your 3.0 V6.
Just trying to see if anyone else is getting mileage like this? DTB
Who's pushing the car?
In metric that's 6.61 litres/100km or 43 mpg CDN !

My best is around 9 litres/100km or 26 mpg US.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
swears said:
damn kid.

what mods do u have that would affect fuel consump?
I don't have any mods. Completely stock engine. I have only added HID's. I added that in 2000 when I got the car. I haven't even changed my Spark Plugs which I need to change now, but yes those are the plugs that came in the car, but it is time to change them out. I've only done general maintaince. Air Filter, Oil and Transmission fluid changes. I had my timing belt, drive belt, coolant and water pump changed about 2 weeks ago before the trip.

Oh, I do have a transmission cooler also.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I pretty much have the same mods as you..114,xxx on the clock..I did San diego to San Jose..one tank full..right when I pulled up to my GF driveway..gas light was on like 5 or 6 miles before we got there...averaged about 85miles/hr..didnt use AC..

·
Registered
436 Posts
I take it you have stock rims/tires? Ever since I switched to grippier tires my mileage have suffered. A few examples:

Best: 28 mpg even, that was a trip to Vegas. Mind you there was heavy traffic, which means I was stuck going 60 mph most of the way, which happened to maximize my mileage. If going 80+ mph, with AC, I get 26-27 nowadays. That's with a recently cleaned K&N, new Denso Iridiums about 7k ago, 33/31psi on Yoko Avid V4S.

Worst: I drive in the city most of the time...even with some highway thrown in, the idling still kills. When I get 22 mpg I'm happy...but with extreme amts of idling I can get as worst as 17 mpg. I'd say the last tank was about 20 mpg.

·
✠ 2nd Amendment'r ✠
5,355 Posts
on highway mine seems to get around higher 20's, possible low 30s a gallon, but I it does depends on my driving trends.
Around town i get about 24 on average.

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
Doctor_X said:
Hahahaha! Yes, we do have lead feet don't we?
Yeah I only do it sometimes though not like I take off all the time :rolleye2:
I just have a lead foot and not "feet". Imagine having a lead foot for the brake as well :p and possibly the foot rest :D

·
Destroyer of Tires
16,094 Posts
Accord_V6_400m said:
Yeah I only do it sometimes though not like I take off all the time :rolleye2:
I just have a lead foot and not "feet". Imagine having a lead foot for the brake as well :p and possibly the foot rest :D
That would be pretty crazy if someone had a lead for for the brake and the foot rest :p

and feet was suposed to be plural for the both of us hehe.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
gabedabomb said:
I take it you have stock rims/tires? Ever since I switched to grippier tires my mileage have suffered.
Yes, I do have the stock setup. Although I did buy new tires around 75k miles. With city driving doing tons of Stop and Go traffic, I get about 350 miles and it takes about 13.5 gals to fill up, which comes out to be roughly 26 mile/gal through the city. Highway mileage is pretty good as you saw in my first post when it is a constant speed.

1 - 20 of 330 Posts