Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i just just ordered the MM2 Enkie rims 18X7.5 . I have a few questions on the offset. What exactly is the offset.
Also i know abselutly nothing about tires if some one could explain to me how the mesurements work on them i know there is a #/#/# mathmatic way to figure this out ive just never really looked into it. If any one has a specific size that works extremely well then let me know.

Im sitting currently on the tein basic coilovers and stock 16" wheels with blow asssssss tires.

Anyone got a good tire brand? Im lookin for the best tires, at a good price, with low sound(cause all mine do now is screeeeetch), that will last me a decient amount of time. I dont need slicks or a tire priced at $200 up. Im 19 about to hit college so u can see where im commin from.

·
Registered
748 Posts
ok offset for our cars is 42-50mm, 42 looks flush, 50 looks tucked in (offset is how far the wheles sick out)

Tire size for the 18z, go with a 225/40/18 (that i belive is recomened size for our cars with 18z)

And as far as tires, im pertty satisfied with my Nittoz nt555 extereme.

And how do you like the basics?

·
Registered
471 Posts
width of tire / sidewall profile of tire = % of "width of tire" / size of wheel in inches.

for brands of tires, read up on tirerack.com. you can compare different brands/models. if you dont wanna break the bank w/ the tires, go for an all-season tire (as opposed to a sticky summer tire). something like the yoko avid v4's could work well for you.

do your research.

·
I Jumped Off Da Bandwagon
2,204 Posts
Kumho are pretty good tires at a reasonable price. Hope you got the right offset and it fits w/o rubbing. Go with 235/40/18.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yeah i had the pirelli P6's on my audi and i love them. They were an all season as well and costed like 90 bucks a tire. Never had a blow out or flat tire related to pot holes and curbs. Im lookin for the best tire priced just under 200 each. i could go more $ but f-that i dont need to spend too much on tires id rather save some cash for college spending...drugs and alcohol. But anyway the enkei rims i got were used on a 7th gen accord so i dont have any mixxed feelings about the offset. I will be getting snow tires in the winter so im not gonna go with an all season, i drive pretty hard too concidering im on the stock tires. Tire rack was no help they give like one review per tire and there probably idiots reviewing them hopefully not, u kno how every one wants there **** to be the best.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
um what would a 38 offsett be lol? well i might be selling these enkeis cheap if any one wants them. there 18" 5X100/114 38 offset. excellent condition. If u know someone with those needs let me know ill work out a cheap price cause i got them for like 400.

·
Registered
443 Posts
i take your keeping them.. looks nice .. if u decide to let them go.. i'll take em off you

1 - 9 of 9 Posts