Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 coupe 6-6 I have now drag raced my car 2x. I only have a CAI, CBE. I have some pretty nasty wheel hop.

What is the fix for wheel hop on these cars? Motor mounts? Eibach Pro Kit? Poly Fill the compliance bushings?

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I have a 2006 coupe 6-6 I have now drag raced my car 2x. I only have a CAI, CBE. I have some pretty nasty wheel hop.

What is the fix for wheel hop on these cars? Motor mounts? Eibach Pro Kit? Poly Fill the compliance bushings?
Yup, stiffer motor mounts, NRG torque damper (check the group buy in here), TL transmount

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess what I'm really asking is what would be my next best bet for traction / wheel hop reducer? I'm thinking either Eibach Pro Kit (very partial to) or Motor mounts? I bought some McMaster carr polyfil but it doesn't look like the front and rear lower can be filled.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yeah my cars been hopping off the line pretty bad also. I'm going to try some innovative street/strip mounts and a 6 speed TL trans mount. I want to try some fastline compliance bushings too, the factory pieces are way too soft for performance use.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just did a little more research on wheel hop and it seems like the first thing to do is stiffen up the suspension bushings and check the struts for proper operation in which I am fairly certain mine are okay. I am going to poly fill my compliance bushings and motor mounts next weekend and see what that does and go from there.

Wheel hop is essentially caused by the change in toe angle on the front wheels so you have to limit the amount of toe change during hard acceleration. Those compliance bushings are total crap from the factory.

Lets start there!

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I applaud you for doing suspension work before power gain mods. I did the opposite and actually got slower at the track with more HP (broken motor mount, compliance bushings, weak shocks). Suspension will be my next focus, and a hell of a lot more affordable to do.

·
497 Posts
Ahhhhh yes I need a torque damper badly...I shamed myself racing a modified mazdaspeed 3 off the line. hophophophophopshakeshakeshakehophophop for about 5 seconds.....I HAVE DISGRACED THE NAME HONDA, TODAY WILL BE MY LAST :sadwave:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Not sure but I'm about to hop on this group buy that's listed in the 7th gen general thread section. Nrg torque damper, innovative street/strip mounts, TL trans mount, and fresh oem clutch set. Drop everything in while the sub frame is out. Not enough dough yet for a light weight flywheel and cm clutch yet.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Making more horsepower and running the same times or slower is the most frustrating thing ever.

I always look for a car's weakness and start there. But these cars seem to have quite a few considering they were designed to be quick, roomy and a touch on the luxury side.

Compliance bushings are a weak point: forced dealer to install new ones when I bought the car. They installed all new control arms.

Seems like the ride height/spring rate is off a bit for the "performance" aspect.

Motor mounts are horrifying. Not a fan of liquid filled.

I added some shifter base bushings and cable bushings. What a difference that made with firm crisp shifts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts