Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into wheels right now, if i buy some with a lower(35mm) offset than 42mm will i have problems?

I read the "how do i buy wheels" tread and it says not to go lower than 42mm

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah but, discount tire direct's website says a 35mm offset would be okay... so what gives? Has any one here had a problem with a lower offset?

·
A n g u s D e i
1,828 Posts
Just because a websites says something doesn't mean it's true. Take it from people who have real life experience with it, not some stupid site.

There are some stereo sites that claim that a 99 Avalon can fit 6 inch front speakers (yea.. with a lot of custom work), but the OEM size is only 4.5 inches. So with that said, sites aren't all that reliable. :smash:

·
- Leo
992 Posts
You should be fine. accord03 is slammed on 17" rims with a 35 offset i believe and he has no problems. Ask him though, im not 100% sure.

·
Bobby Lane Racing
5,679 Posts
depends on the width whether it will fit, but who the heck wants +35 offset on a 7th gen. it sits ugly, unless you like to ride low with mad camber and don't care about how the wheel sits on the car

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
are you lowered or plan to be? it fits dude, roll your fenders, get some rubberbands and maybe add some camber up in the mix... :rolleye2:

depends on the width whether it will fit, but who the heck wants +35 offset on a 7th gen. it sits ugly, unless you like to ride low with mad camber and don't care about how the wheel sits on the car
finally someone who knows what he's talking about...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 2007 Accord Sedan and I have on 18x8.5 with +40 offset with 235/40/18. Mine is flushed with the top part of the fender, my car is not lowered (yet) so far no rubbing or any other problems. Ideal would be +45 because the wheel is tucked-in(not flushed) enough to clear the fender when you lower it, so if you're thinking about +35 it would extend 10mm out than with a +45.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts