Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I've had rims and my eibach sportlines for about 7 months now and for some reason, the front is really annoying me. I have a wheelgap of about 3 fingers on the front with barely 1 finger wheelgap in the back. From the front, it looks like I have 17" rims when I have 18x8.5's. I know the Sportline was the more aggressive drop (that's why I chose that over the pro-kit), but for some reason, it still has a huge wheelgap in the front only. I looked through so many galleries on this forum last night and everyone has a nice drop with just a little wheelgap. Why is my wheelgap so much?

Any help, comments, or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
clean2draccord said:
I had the same problem with my car until I got coilovers.

Do you have a system?
Nope...everything else is pretty much stock. Just some 18"x8.5's and Eibach Sportlines. Shrugs.....

So should I go with Tein Basic or Ground Controls? Is it true that if I get Ground Controls, I'm going to have to get new shocks? Koni?

Thanks,

lawwoo11

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
eibach claims to have the even drop...even tho it doesnt look like it....and it doesnt look like it cause the wheel well on the front and the rear are not the same...the front is a bigger wheel well than the rear...hencing the more lowering in the rear. but in all it suppose to have the even drop....try measuring the clearnce of the side skirts....the front and the rear. it should be about the same. but yeah alotta people dis like the prokits and other springs becuase of this matter.

yes ground controls will require new shocks...koni or i think eibach has released a set....but if u want a good ride with adjustablity..get the basics....if u want a more harsh and stiffer set go with tein ss or ground control with koni yellow.

·
CeRtiFiEd PimP
1,039 Posts
what i did was got neuspeed race and neuspeed sport springs.... sport for the back which is 1" drop...and front is race springs which is 2.25"

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
03c0upe said:
what i did was got neuspeed race and neuspeed sport springs.... sport for the back which is 1" drop...and front is race springs which is 2.25"

but that means u have to buy double the parts. with that amount of money u could have gotten ground controls. but yeah its good thinking tho....i kno some people kno use different springs on their ride...just to get a more better spring rate. ei...they like it stiffer in the front than the rear, buying diffferent brands to make it work.

·
CeRtiFiEd PimP
1,039 Posts
i bought the springs locally and i asked the guy at store if i mix them up...he said no...i bought them anyways and i called up neuspeed and talked to them..so i traded my rear springs for sport springs...all i paid was s/h

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
03c0upe said:
i bought the springs locally and i asked the guy at store if i mix them up...he said no...i bought them anyways and i called up neuspeed and talked to them..so i traded my rear springs for sport springs...all i paid was s/h

Hmm...not a bad idea. Do you have any pictures of your ride? For some strange reason, that wheel gap just bothers me so much. I'm not even sure if getting bigger rims will fill that gap. thanks for your input!

·
Registered
33 Posts
03c0upe said:
here u go. keep in mind i got a system in tha back..fukn heavy box

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/506033

yeah our front fender is cut too fkn high. I just installed tein ss and adjusted the height like a normal coil spring drop, you know little lower in the front compared to the back. the back is really tucked at 1 1/4 inches lower on the tein measurement , almost too much. I dropped the front 1 5/8 wich is like a quarter inch away from 2 inches and i still have a huge ugly gap. I m hesitant to go lower though. Im on the stock 17s I think they are rated for over 3 inches of drop but that not useable on the street. anyone with tein ss? how much drop all around?

Peace

1 - 10 of 10 Posts