Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a roof spoiler for my coupe? For those wondering, its the one that goes over the top of the rear windshield. I have been looking all over and cant seem to find anyone who makes one, nor can I find anyone who has had one custom made so I can order one. Its like the one that Hamman makes for BMWs and Lorinser makes for Mercedes. Paintable and attaches usually with double sided tape.

If anyone has a lead or knows where I can get one, I would soooooooooooo greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
im also interested in this. if anyone can post a link of a place that has it, thatd be great. btw whats the reason for em? i think they look great on some cars but what is the function of it? cuts down wind speed?

·
Registered
358 Posts
a buddy has one on his altima...looks pretty cool...

how about checking with a body shop for a custom fab..maybe get some sketches and offer it to the peeps on the forums as a group buy and they can make a mold and make a few... i know ill be down for one

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, since there is a decent amount of interest, I will see about getting some made. I am going to be checking to see which existing roof wings are suitable with the least amount of customization that will fit. I know Sarona Designs has them for other cars like the Altima, so I gotta take mesasurements on back windows and stuff to see which one may be best. If there is one that is damn close with little to no mods, I will post it up and maybe get a group buy going thru my boy's shop so we can save a few more bucks on it.

I'll keep ya'll posted on this. Please ask around and see if anyone else would be interested in this so we dont order only 3-4 pieces, the more the merrier and the better for our pockets.

·
i keeps it real
352 Posts
tantrumV6spd said:
Ok, since there is a decent amount of interest, I will see about getting some made. I am going to be checking to see which existing roof wings are suitable with the least amount of customization that will fit. I know Sarona Designs has them for other cars like the Altima, so I gotta take mesasurements on back windows and stuff to see which one may be best. If there is one that is damn close with little to no mods, I will post it up and maybe get a group buy going thru my boy's shop so we can save a few more bucks on it.

I'll keep ya'll posted on this. Please ask around and see if anyone else would be interested in this so we dont order only 3-4 pieces, the more the merrier and the better for our pockets.
try the spoilers for the audi a4. i think i read about someone doing it with little to no modification

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
vtecaccord said:
try the spoilers for the audi a4. i think i read about someone doing it with little to no modification
thats a good start, thanks! I will look into that and see if that holds up

·
Out of my Mind, Somewhere
2,500 Posts
Me too.....I would like to see it on our car.

·
can't go lower...FML
2,125 Posts
if a lot of people are interested i can start on this project after i get back from korea/china, i have a guy in riverside who makes poly parts for our cars. looking to customize a roof spoiler and a decklid... both poly and CF.. but i need more than 10 ~ 20 people interested and FOR SURE buyers

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if the price is right, I would definitely be down if you got a guy who can make some custom pieces for us. I havent had time yesterday or over the weekend with work being the pain in the ass that it is, but I am hoping today to see if I can get some measurements and check on other cars I see that have them. I wanna see if the Altima one fits, and like mentioned above, the S4, and I gotta see if my friends 96 240SX one would fit. He got a custom one made of CF by VIS, so maybe if it fits we can all get CF ones? or would you all rather polyurethane/ fiberglass? Me personally, poly/ fiberglass would be fine, i dont have CF anywhere else except inside the car.

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
any pics?

this sounds like it would look pretty clean

i vaguely remember seeing this but it might of been on an IS300...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry guys, I been slackin... I was away for a few days, but I swear I am gonna get some measurements tonight and check the ones for the IS300, A4, Altima, and a few other cars.

Sorry again...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts