Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mirage Representative
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know nothing about car audio, but I need to get some stuff done to the lady's car. Because I am a fierce supporter of my fellow American brothers and sisters, and I want to keep my money here rather than some other country, I want to buy product that's made in America and owned by an American company. I know it may not be the "very best" in car audio, but we don't need the very best, just something that works.

I know that the following brands are not American, but I don't know about the rest out there:

Aiwa
Blaupunkt
Infinity
JVC
Samsung
Sony

Can you guys please tell me which brands out there are American? Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Audioque
DD Audio
Mmats
US Amps (AX line)
Kicker
American Bass
Cerwin Vega

There's more I just can't think of them at the moment. :)

·
Registered
642 Posts
A big one I forgot... JL audio

And by the way some of the very best equipment is still american made. The only thing you might have trouble finding is a good american made head unit/radio.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Infinty is owned by JBL which is American. Not sure where they are made now though. They use to be made in Northridge California. JBL owns Harmon Kardon too. A lot of their stuff going to be made in Mexico pretty soon. They are one of my company's customers and we are losing them because of the move. :(
NAFTA FTL :mad:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Rockford Fosgate?
MTX?

I think these are still American made. You can always contact the company support for assurance. Also, there may be specific lines that are American made and others that are imported, the customer support should be able to explain which lines are American made.

While these products made be assembled in America, most likely all the components are sourced from China and the like. You may want to look into the specific wording on the product literature, i.e. Assembeld in the US vs. Produced/Made in America.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts