Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay i have been searching forever and all of these different opinions about whether CAI is better than SRI is confusing me. I was thinking that since i live in hot humid south florida that i would be better off getting the CAI. if this is the case could you tell me which would be the most bang for the buck i was thinking of a K&N typhoon CAI.
thanks for advice

·
Registered
57 Posts
i say get a ghetto intake off of ebay and then get either k&n or apexi filter and ur good to go..if u want a good brand name get aem or comptech icebox..after researching those two are the best..short ram is louder but cold air has better performance...im gettin a sri cause its easier to install and looks better..hope that helped

·
Drop Dead Gorgeous
913 Posts
Bang for buck I'll say a regular AEM cold air intake....

If you want to feel special then go with Injen's RD CAI. I don't see people mention them having the Injen's often... maybe its bad hmmm.

·
Registered
307 Posts
that's a decent price. I got my AEM SRI from Cardomain.com while they were having a sale on it. I got the SRI, a free AEM filter cleaning kit, and free shipping for $103.99. :)

·
Registered
307 Posts
Yeah, that was a pain....it took two weeks to ship out. It said "in Stock" when I ordered, but then when I paid for it, it said "on order". Once it shipped, I got it fast though.

I didn't really care, because I was just replacing the Weapon-R intake I already had on my car.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I prefer the SRI, because it is loud. It's so loud, that when I'm at WOT, I can't hear my Magnaflow catback exhaust over the sound of the SRI! Sounds like a turbo.

Plus, I agree with other people, that it looks better than the CAI. The CAI just looks like a boring pipe.....I like to see the filter. Plus no matter how remote the chances, I'd rather not risk the possibility of hydro-lock.

I've heard people say the SRIs perform better in our cars, and I've heard people say that there is little or no performance difference between the two. Logically speaking, on a CAI, the cold air has to travel through an un-insulated metal pipe, in a hot engine compartment.....seems like it would heat the air a little anyway. Who knows! I do know that the SRI looks cool, sounds cool, it's cheap, and I could definitely feel a bit of extra power.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm waiting for my sri I bought it off of a member on this site for 50 bucks shipped.sounds like a good deal to me..hopefully it is as loud as i heard people say it is..lol

·
Drop Dead Gorgeous
913 Posts
itsaccordtime said:
i saw that price but from what i have heard it takes 3 weeks to ship is that true or is car domain a decent website
CarDomain is a very nice site. Their 105% price guarantee has gotten me some nice deals hehe. And shipping is quick too, you're only stall time is probably credit card verification which should take a day.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts