Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a 03' accord ex...

wondering which plugs to use ???

seems like alot of people are using the DENSO IK16 IRIDIUM POWER SPARK PLUG: IK16

are those best for improved performance and gas mileage ?

thanks guys:)

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
Anyone have a old K ignition coil? I want to see how different they are from the J coils and weather or not the Okada K coils could be used on Js.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Paul you can check out ours next time we come through. BTW I've put off the install of the bracket for the Tq damper for now cuz I have something else I wanted to get you put in for me too.

·
Pilot & Accord
867 Posts
http://www.pulstarplug.com/howtheywork.html

These plugs are pricey, but really are amazing. They have been studied in a few tuner mags and all were very impressed.
Yes, I read about them, interesting technology. No word about how long they last though... and of course (just like anything else that is just too good) not available in Canada, eek. (edit: actually, they are, ooops)

·
Registered
70 Posts
The pulstars have been averaging AROUND 10 whp. Yes, just with the plugs. And these tests have been on a variety of cars, the most talked about a 350z with only 1500 miles on it and just an intake/exhaust. That one showed a 10whp gain after 3 pulls. Just for the record these tests didnt come from the pulstar website, they came from skeptical tuner mags. And dont anyone pull the dyno card on me, if you dont believe it dont buy em. Im not paying for a dyno just to test out spark plugs! :D

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I was going to buy a set of those Pulstars for my DD (only need 4 of them for that car), but I'm not sure what would happen with the MSD ignition amplifier I have in there?!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Has anyone actually put these Pulstar plugs in their Accord? As for how long they are suppose to last it says on their website that they should last 50,000 miles

·
Registered
17 Posts
Put some in my WRX... and after about 1000 something miles I noticed something was odd with the firing on acceleration, and on the way home to check the car I got a check engine light. I thought it could be several things. After about four hours checking around I decided the only thing that it could have really changed was the plugs. So I ran up got some NGK's and plugged them in. And if anyone had worked on those 2.0 WRX's it's not easy to get to the right two! And it hasn't misfired once, or had the same problem again... And, I can't take credit for finding the error in my ways... I have to credit my girlfriend for mentioning it. So take it for what it's worth.

·
Honda Rookie
1,042 Posts
$25/plug?!?!?!? Damn thats expensive. But if the power gain is there, then its well worth it.

But 10 Wheel Horsepower (what is that, like, 15 at the crank?) Thats a lot of power.... is that realistic?

·
JDM FTW!!!11one!
414 Posts
The pulstars have been averaging AROUND 10 whp. Yes, just with the plugs. And these tests have been on a variety of cars, the most talked about a 350z with only 1500 miles on it and just an intake/exhaust. That one showed a 10whp gain after 3 pulls. Just for the record these tests didnt come from the pulstar website, they came from skeptical tuner mags. And dont anyone pull the dyno card on me, if you dont believe it dont buy em. Im not paying for a dyno just to test out spark plugs! :D
i read an article where these plugs were dyno'd in the real world and there were no power gains whatsoever. i dont buy into those plugs at all. if they really did work, why wouldnt honda sell them in their cars to begin with?

stick with OEM.

·
Pilot & Accord
867 Posts
i read an article where these plugs were dyno'd in the real world and there were no power gains whatsoever. i dont buy into those plugs at all. if they really did work, why wouldnt honda sell them in their cars to begin with?

stick with OEM.
I can attest to this. I have them for about 2 months now, no difference what so ever. Maybe in the first 400-500 miles it did make a difference but not anymore. Sorry, but our on-board computer plays some funny games and compensates. At least this is my theory. Maybe it delivers less voltage to the plugs because it detects the huge flame? I don't know. However what I do know is that the power module on our cars has proven to be very restrictive in what we can and can not do to alter the fuel map. Maybe the 350Z power module computer doesn't restrict the engine so much.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts