1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
what's cracking?
357 Posts
i'm guessing you have it wired to 8 ohms and have the amp bridged? if you do then no, it won't make a difference as the sub will still be getting 400 watts regardless. my suggestion is to get a sub that is a d2 configuration so then you can bridge your amp and the most out of it.

·
Banned
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm only wiring it to one voice coil... so its 4 ohm... then bridged at the amp. So one voice coil is getting 800 rms.

·
what's cracking?
357 Posts
vietfob714 said:
I'm only wiring it to one voice coil... so its 4 ohm... then bridged at the amp. So one voice coil is getting 800 rms.
umm sir you need to wire both, it requires both voice coils to get the full potential. either buy a new amp or buy a new sub. no way around it.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
specs on the amp?
and yes, wiring only one voicecoil is like only using half of your engines power....... wire both coils down to 2ohm if your amp is stable @ 2ohms

·
Registered
16 Posts
You need to wire it in series to 8 ohms and bridge the amp. You'll only get half of the 800 watts, but you're limited to with that setup since the amp can't be bridged at 2 ohms. With 800 going to one coil, I'm surprised it hasn't blown.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts