Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
xXxCLS bOoStEdXxX
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im going to buy some struts for my h&r race springs next week. the tokico blues are $265 shipped on ebay and the illuminas are roughly $370 shipped. the illuminas are adjustable and the blues are not.

my question is are the illuminas worth the $100 premium over regular tokico blues? anyone running h&r with illuminas or with tokico blues?

also i was wondering since the illuminas are adjustable, can i lower the car more than the 2.25 inches that the h&r's lower it?

·
eat'em up
322 Posts
both those struts are pretty good, since you arent lowering the car more that 2". i would suggest getting the illuminas, just because you can adjust the comfort level with them. i think with the illuminas, you can adjust them up to 20mm.

·
6th gen
625 Posts
Get the illuminas. I have a feeling the blues will blow on you down the road sooner than the illuminas will. I love my illuminas, perfect ride.

·
xXxCLS bOoStEdXxX
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^hey what setting do u have on ur struts, front and rear. and what spring are u using. thanks

·
6th gen
625 Posts
I'm riding on Neuspeeds 1.8"/1.7" drop.

I use to run it at 5/4 but I commute alot on crappy highways so I'm at 3/4 now. PERFECT ride for me.

·
xXxCLS bOoStEdXxX
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^^how much u pay for ur struts? the best i found was 369 on ebay with shiping and insurance included

·
Pedal damn it
3,913 Posts
slowaccord said:
my question is are the illuminas worth the $100 premium over regular tokico blues?....
Most def.

·
6th gen
625 Posts
I actually paid $152shipped for a used set. I got really lucky on that one.

Good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts