Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yea, this is my first post on this website, but i read it all the time. I used to own an 03 AV6 accord coupe, the blue, but my bro took it, and i upgraded to an 04 MTv6 with navi and i LOVE it. My only delima is i can't stand the shift knob, and i really want to replace it. I've looked at different shift knobs for god knows how long, and i've narrowed it down to two. The first, is a razo 400 g weighted knob: http://www.cardomain.com/item/RAZRA66 . I really like the look and think it'd look nice in the interior.

The other knob, is the MOMO f-16 EVO, the titanium finish with the carbon fiber top: http://www.cardomain.com/item/MOMF16ECBN

They are totally different styles, and i was wondering which one you guys would think is more comfortable? Basically, if you think it would be easier to shift with your hand on top of the knob, or gripping around the sides of it, cause in the factory knob i can't tell which one i like more. Any opinions are welcome.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I am going to approach this from a different angle. What is it that you don't like about the stock knob? The look or the feel? If it is looks you are going for then go for the MOMO as the Razo looks almost like the stock knob in general shape. If you are going for something with a better feel, find a place that has the same knobs or knobs of similar design in stock and pick the one that feels best in your hand.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd prefer just to go to a shop to buy one cause then i can feel them before i buy, but where could i go for this?

·
Registered
511 Posts
i dont know about you, but i'd steer clear of knobs that require a set-screw. i hate them with a passion. even if you loctite the hell out of that set screw, it's still biting into rubber. you will never get that truly solid feel with a set-screw.

if you don't mind the 5-sp pattern cut into the top, i'd highly suggest the 440gram knob from skunk2. it's got a dark grey machined finish that matches the black interior very well. best of all, it's threaded for our levers. and the best part about using a threaded knob is when you tighten down the knob, when you force it those extra turns to face the right direction, it cuts a light thread into the unthreaded section of lever. this means that the knob will be rock solid.

·
Registered
103 Posts
ya the momo one's nice. but id go with wat feels good with you. personally i like the sphere shift knob. the others dont really feel rite to me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts