Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having my Accord plowed into and being without it for nearly a month, I've decided to treat it to a facelift after all the trauma it has sustained. I'm going to start with a set of 18" wheels and have chosen a few that I think will fit the style of the car nicely without giving it too much of an overly contrived look. Help me out and give me your opinions on what you may think will look the best on it. I'm trying to keep costs as low as possible, so I've chosen some affordable designs. Check out what I've chosen, and thanks in advance!

Sovereign Sr77

Exel RH5 - Hyperlight

Exel M7

Ikon Karv

Exel Ennio - Hyper black

Exel DL-46 - Hyper black

BSA 242 - Silver

BSA 220 - Silver

The car

Ebony

Let me know what you think, thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
clean2draccord said:
Great, another 4-banger. :) I would go with the Sovereign Sr77, just because I had similar wheels on my car.

Check it out here: http://www.v6performance.net/featuredcar/febmarch05.php

Keep in mind that we do have a 4-banger corner on V6P.net. :cool:

Hi, Michael, what's up?! Your car actually inspired me to look for the Sovereigns, I love the way they looked on your car back then, very clean and simple. I'm leaning towards the Sovereigns, but am keeping the RH5 and BSA 220 in mind. My end goal is to achieve a near factory look that won't be as distracting as other wheels. Thanks for the vote and I'll see you in the 4-banger forum!

BTW, the springs ride perfect

Samir

·
4 bangin'
2,277 Posts
not trying to hijack, but just for a look, i have the 17" ennios in gunmetal, i know theyre not 18s or black like you want, but you can have a look at what they look like. ive got the sedan as well, and you have a coupe, but the front is pretty much the same.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies, everyone, much appreciated! I would say that I am 90% sure I'll be getting the Sr77s, but the price of the BSAs is making my decision harder (only $750 shipped with tires!) :eek:

Sketch, the Ennio looks awesome on your car, thanks for the pic! :cool:

·
Drop Dead Gorgeous
913 Posts
Get the Primax Type 077 wheels... err... I mean the Sovereign. It was on ROTM. Don't know if the dude is still selling it, because he told me he was selling it when I asked him about the rims several months ago... they are 4-lugs so it'll fit your ride.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, everyone, the Sovereigns which I had decided would be the set for my car, are only available in a +40 offset :mad: The Primax that Michael had and the ICW 077 which are all the same design have been discountinued :( Do y'all think I should risk running that low of an offset? I talked to someone at Discount tire and he recommended a 215/40 tire instead of the 225/40 and rolling the fenders. I'm dropped about 2" all around on Tein S-tech springs, think I'll rub with that combo? If not, which from the list do you like? The BSAs are also +40, so it's between the Exel Ennio. Exel M7, Exel DL-46, RH5, or Ikon Karv. Thanks again! :cool:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ordered the Sovereign Sr77 wheels today! Despite the +40 offset I will make them work and will modify the wheel wells if necessary so that they won't rub. I've received mixed answers as to whether or not they will, so I'll throw caution to the wind and just do it. Stay tuned for pics :cool: :)

·
4 bangin'
2,277 Posts
good luck with the wheels, i hope its not too much work for you to make them work. and thanks for the comment on the rims. my friend has an 01 jetta and he wants to get some rims now, but he said he might wanna get the ones i have cuz he likes the split 5 spoke look......im gonna sugest to him the exel dl-46's cuz they look different, but theyre still split 5's. i never even saw those on wheelmax when i was looking for my rims. i wouldnt have gotten them anyway, cuz i dont like the rivet look.

·
JB4 e92
5,224 Posts
cvcc721 said:
Hi, Michael, what's up?! Your car actually inspired me to look for the Sovereigns, I love the way they looked on your car back then, very clean and simple. I'm leaning towards the Sovereigns, but am keeping the RH5 and BSA 220 in mind. My end goal is to achieve a near factory look that won't be as distracting as other wheels. Thanks for the vote and I'll see you in the 4-banger forum!

BTW, the springs ride perfect

Samir
Samir,

Good to hear that things are working out for ya. Whatever route you decide to go with, be sure to keep us up to date with lots of pics! :)

Michael

·
POS driver
1,372 Posts
go with the rh 5, or the bsa220, or the m7

those are the best looking rims in that section...all imitation racing hart and axxis look a likes..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts