Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't like the yellow light for the licence plate lights or the door courtesy lights.
Can someone recommend me a good replacement bulb for these. I don't want to do LED's, I just want to replace the bulb but with one that gives white light not yellow.

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
keep in mind that, if you are sticking with halogen, and using the same wattage bulbs, having a "whiter" appearance is achieved only by tinting the glass blue, which also has the effect of reducing the brightness

·
7yr / 120K
955 Posts
sumptimwong said:
keep in mind that, if you are sticking with halogen, and using the same wattage bulbs, having a "whiter" appearance is achieved only by tinting the glass blue, which also has the effect of reducing the brightness
This guy is totally correct! Blue tint is soo 90's:p LED is probably the only way to go if you want truely white light.

·
Registered
26 Posts
go with LED's....I did that with mine and it looks like the new Lexus GS & IS Licence plate lights. Make sure you get a bulb that has a Wide spectrum or it will look silly. The bulb I bought has 4 LED's on the side that face different directions and one down the center.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
hondafleet said:
go with LED's....I did that with mine and it looks like the new Lexus GS & IS Licence plate lights. Make sure you get a bulb that has a Wide spectrum or it will look silly. The bulb I bought has 4 LED's on the side that face different directions and one down the center.
i saw the new gs the other day and that's what made me want that white light for the licence plate :D . it wasn't too dim nor too bright...it was just right!!

can you link me to the LED's you purchased? also is it hard to install?

Sorry for all the questions but i want to try and get this done this weekend.

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
most of the pre-wired LED bulb replacements use weak LEDs. the result is that your LED bulb replacement will be less bright than the halogen which is being replaced. if you want something up to par with OE brightness, you'll have to do some homework to see if there actually exists any quality direct replacements. otherwise, you will either have to put up with the diminished output, or build your own bulb using some quality LEDs and resistors

·
I ♥ My Honda
1,891 Posts
i have polarg bulbs... i love them... they are actually brighter than stock bulbs.

LED sucks... dont do it.

Piaa and Polarg are both pretty good brand... try getting it on ebay... ive found it the cheapest there and i never ran into problems.

·
Registered
26 Posts
04Punisher said:
i saw the new gs the other day and that's what made me want that white light for the licence plate :D . it wasn't too dim nor too bright...it was just right!!

can you link me to the LED's you purchased? also is it hard to install?

Sorry for all the questions but i want to try and get this done this weekend.

took less than a minute. I used the WLED-x5 LED Wedge Base Bulbs

http://www.superbrightleds.com/mini-wedge.html

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
neonecko said:
Do you have any pics? How is the light output on these LEDs?
:and1: pics would help me on this :)

can both eph and hondafleet please post pics of their licence plate light :D

i've already removed the 6 clips in my trunk liner to access the licence plate bulb, and i've taken off the lens for the door courtesy light. now i just need to see the results of the led vs polarg :up: thanks guys :D

·
I ♥ My Honda
1,891 Posts

the light is brighter than that. the picture doesnt do it any justice nor does the smoke liscence plate cover.

those are polargs btw.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thans eph for the pics :up: i'm gonna order some polargs. i was thinkin of smoking my licence plate too with a light grey vinyl. can u pm me pics of your licence plate. thanks!! :D

·
Registered
97 Posts
1 - 20 of 51 Posts