Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive an 05 accord 2.4L auto VTI-EX. I noticed a while ago that my engine had lost compression and was losing oil a lot so I decided to throw in a new motor.
I purchased a new engine but later got to find out it was a K24A6 engine variant instead of a K24A4 like my last engine.
Now the car is having a permanent check engine light, scanned and got codes P0341 (camshaft position sensor A) and P0747 (Pressure control solenoid A stuck on).
It drives and isles different and erratically. If I switch on the air conditioning it vibrates so badly the entire car shakes or just stalls the engine.
I just want to know more about this engine as it’s past it’s warranty and I can’t return to the shop I purchased it from for an exchange.
Has anyone come across this variant of K24 engines before?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah, that’s the JDM Odyssey engine. Are you sure you used the correct sensors from your old engine and whatnot? To be honest I have no idea if this engine would work or not, but I would have definitely tried to retain as many sensors and whatnot off the accord as I could, considering they may be different for that engine. As much as they may “plug” they may not “play” if you know what I mean. Again I’m not too familiar with that engine as it’s never came in anything else over here and there’s not much info on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts