Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone on this forum have the RV6 precat deletes with the jpipe and Greddy EVO2 exhaust setup? I would like a video of the sound if there is any rasp...and what you did to eliminate the rasp. Thanks
-TypeR-AV6 aka D.Ho

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
with that set up im sure its raspy. I know there is a video of just the evo 2 exhaust with no pcd and it has a bit of rasp. I like that sound but some dont.

·
A Registered User, I am
416 Posts
I have the v3 pcd wit v2 jpipe and test pipe. I had a shop custom make a 3" to a y split to 2.5". I ran the same mufflers and resonator as Paul did. No rasp at all.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
me. you will need to add a long magnaflow resonator @ the Y pipe to keep the sound keep without the raspy noise if you are running RV6 precat deletes + RV6 j-pipe. or keep your oem 3rd cat.

but my car is supercharged which has more airflow...

·
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cubano do you have a video of your friends exhaust setup? Such as stand still revs and flooring it from a dead stop.
Nicepeta, would the ATLP high flow cat sufficient? I don't wanna lose power using my old stock third cat. Do you have a vid of your car revving? Regardless of the fact u have a supercharger. Lol just wanna hear how it sounds.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
The high flow cat should take some of the rasp away for sure. My buddy has a TL with the EVO2 and PCDs and it's VERY raspy. Normal driving it is extremely noticeable. Under WOT it's raspy as well.

If you have the HFC already, you may not get much rasp. On the other hand, you may need a small resonator. The Greddy EVO2 doesn't flow that well according to Paul (Cubanob). Just saying.

·
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I kno, I already hav a 3in mid pipe tot he 2.5 inch y pipe on it to the greddy mufflers with the V1 rv6 j pipe and test pipe. So i figured i already go ahead and get the V3 precats and the ATLP high flow cat. and if it doesnt help get the magnaflow resonator. lol hopefully itll help and i would yield some good gains.

·
TrakCord
1,485 Posts
I kno, I already hav a 3in mid pipe tot he 2.5 inch y pipe on it to the greddy mufflers with the V1 rv6 j pipe and test pipe. So i figured i already go ahead and get the V3 precats and the ATLP high flow cat. and if it doesnt help get the magnaflow resonator. lol hopefully itll help and i would yield some good gains.
oh ok thats ur problem rite there all you have is the Greddy Evo2 mufflers and straight pipes to it...yea u need a minimum of a 24" - 30" muffler in the center of your car in the 3" mid-pipe section...the vid ill get you would be no good becuz he has a full 2.36" piping greddy setup with greddy resonators.

·
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I kno, I still hav my original Greddy Mid pipe I can put back on once i get the precats. I still would like to hear his exhaust in the vid. Of course I will plan to add a resonator to my 3 in. mid pipe down the road. but i can b happy with the greddy mid pipe with the PCDs. Let kno whenever you get the vid up.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
I kno, I still hav my original Greddy Mid pipe I can put back on once i get the precats. I still would like to hear his exhaust in the vid. Of course I will plan to add a resonator to my 3 in. mid pipe down the road. but i can b happy with the greddy mid pipe with the PCDs. Let kno whenever you get the vid up.
It would be pointless for you to put the Greddy midpipe in. Their piping is 60mm and you would lose performance. If you already have 3in piping, just get a big 3in resonator from Magnaflow to deaden the rasp. The Greddy mufflers are probably hurting you as well because I don't think the inlet is 2.5in. When I switched out my Dynomax VT mufflers for the Ultraflows, I noticed a difference right away.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have a 3 inch by 30 inch long magnaflow resonator brand new in the box forsale

1 - 15 of 15 Posts