Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
who try to install automatic dimming mirror??

Hi.
Is there anyone who tried to install automatic day/night mirror with compass which comes with 2003 accord for 6th generation accord?
I want to install this mirror, but I don't know whether it fits on my 2000 accord or not.
If someone tried to do it, please give me the instructions.
thanks.

·
Registered
14,633 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did you install it?

Well I knew someone would ask :) .

I posted about this a while back: http://www.v6performance.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=611

I don't know if it is possible but this makes you think :yes: .
Thanks.
Did you get it on your car ? If so, how could you do it ?
I'm really want to get it on my car. It's cool....
I saw the instruction manual for 2003 accord. There is different harness types. 2003 accord has 6 pin connector which didn't come with 2000 accord.
thanks again.

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
No I did not get it installed. I just questioned this pic form H&A.com:

This pic clearly shows the 2003 Accord auto dimming mirror installed in a 6th gen Accord. It is even powered and running.

This has baffled me ever since I saw the pic :confused: .

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
i helped my brother to install auto-dim mirror on his accord. he got that mirror on e-bay for $35, and i believe mirror was off Mazda.

i do not remember all details but it was not too difficult to install exept mounting bracket didn't match accord's and we had to find wire which would be switched off when ignition is off.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I looked at several different mirrors out there and bought a Gentex with compass, temp and auto dimming for my ’02 AV6C cost about 185.00. UPS just drop it off about an hour ago, it looks like it won’t be too hard. I have to run power and the temp sensor to the front bumper. I’ll install it this weekend :D

I passed on the 2003 mirror because I wanted temp and I know that the Gentex will fit with no problem.

·
Registered
565 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Crestgel- besides the Gentex, what other parts did u get (adapter?)
The adaptor came with my Gentex mirror, I just told them my car info... make/model/year

I bought it from brandsmall.com, they had the best price besides eBay.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Crestgel- u needed to tap off constant and ignition power? where did u do this
On my Gentex I needed just ignition power and reverse light. I did not get the one with map lights so I did not have to tap the constant power.

I ran the wires to the passenger fuse box. I wanted to do some other stuff on the driver side so I wanted to keep it clear. I can get the color code for the wire I used later today. I still have to look for the reverse light.

·
Registered
565 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts