Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
GT35R Turbo'd 3.5L AV6
Joined
·
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the appropriate shop to inquire to for custom carbon fiber interior work? I already talked to a car audio shop that does a lot of custom interior work w/fg, but they tried to sell me on vynel (sp) carbon fiber lookalike???


L
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
956 Posts
logonzojls said:
Does anyone know the appropriate shop to inquire to for custom carbon fiber interior work? I already talked to a car audio shop that does a lot of custom interior work w/fg, but they tried to sell me on vynel (sp) carbon fiber lookalike???


L

Carbon fiber in the intereior :confused: what exactly are you trying to do. I've never heard of anyone fabricating interior parts with CF.
 

·
GT35R Turbo'd 3.5L AV6
Joined
·
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pretty sure i will be sending them some things too. did they give you and estimate yet? If so what are you haveing done, and how much are they charging you, if you don't mind? Will you have it back by the meet?

L
 

·
Carbon Fiber Man
Joined
·
257 Posts
My friends does lots of cf work and hes been teaching me alot. ive done about half my interior and should be starting on the other half once i find a new place to order cf from. this world wide shortage is killing me. This is the only pic i have access to right now but when i get home mon or tues night i will post up the other ones. so far i have done the piece over the guages, center center console, cup holder, shifter ring, grill piece in the front, and the door to the compartment under the cd player. If you need something done he would prolly do it cheaper than buddy club and with the same quality. If you are at all interested let me know and ill get you some pics of his recent work. hes going to be doing his roof in the next couple of months. its going to be insane.
 

·
oSCaR
Joined
·
4,919 Posts
sh!t, just wondering, sorry if its a n00b question... is that stuff covered in cf or it a completely new cf piece? looks very good.
 

·
registered n00b
Joined
·
2,769 Posts
kaos03accord said:
My friends does lots of cf work and hes been teaching me alot. ive done about half my interior and should be starting on the other half once i find a new place to order cf from. this world wide shortage is killing me. This is the only pic i have access to right now but when i get home mon or tues night i will post up the other ones. so far i have done the piece over the guages, center center console, cup holder, shifter ring, grill piece in the front, and the door to the compartment under the cd player. If you need something done he would prolly do it cheaper than buddy club and with the same quality. If you are at all interested let me know and ill get you some pics of his recent work. hes going to be doing his roof in the next couple of months. its going to be insane.
Looks pretty good from what we can see! I'm also curious - are those overlays, or did you build a plug and/or mold for it? Also, how many layers of twill did you use? Did you use glass to reinforce, or just CF the whole way? And I'm assuming you're doing this for cosmetic purposes?
 

·
Carbon Fiber Man
Joined
·
257 Posts
logonzojls said:
Yea, sounds good. Would you rather me call him or would it be better for me to give you my phone number? Def. send me those pix tho. Thanks a lot


L
I will talk to him tonight or tomorrow about it and see. Last i heard he was going to change up his interior and make it slightly different so hes been very busy. Hes trying to finally complete his car so he can go back out to california and work with gravana on their 2006 Sema cars. He did their Cobalt for 2005 Sema which they have started to take to shows and its been winning shows thanks to the interior. but i will talk to him and make sure hes up for it which im sure but i just dont want to say anything with out his word.
 

·
Carbon Fiber Man
Joined
·
257 Posts
v6_ccord_2k5 said:
sh!t, just wondering, sorry if its a n00b question... is that stuff covered in cf or it a completely new cf piece? looks very good.
Yeah its just an overlay but it has a couple of flaws when you look at it close up but im going to redo it over the next 4 weeks for my next show in Valdosta on April 28th and 29th. Im going to have my dash completely done for that show and i wont be satisfied unless its flawless. I want to learn how to do molds but i think its gonna be to expensive.
 

·
Carbon Fiber Man
Joined
·
257 Posts


Thats what is done so far but like i said its going to be redone a better way. Also i just talked to my friend and hes isnt going to have time to do work for other people. His car has to be done by June and hes really pushing it with what needs to be done. Sorry guys. Also just wanted to say good luck with getting it wrapped price wise and finding somebody who can. I dont know whats the stand point on CF for the distributor for Buddy Club but this shortage is really being a pain. Price has already gone up $7 or $8 a yard or the people just dont have any left. Like i said best of luck and if you find out where people are getting their CF from please let me know. Thanks guys
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top