Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Tofu Delivery Boy
Joined
·
5,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay. so.

I bought a Zune and Its awesome. :up2:I dont care what anyone says, but i love it and it has a ridiculous amount of music on it and its great! except for one thing.

I cannot connect it to my damn car. so even while in my car im still limited to stupid 700MB MP3 CDs. Its ridiculously painful and I hate not being able to listen to all my music at once. Switching CDs is just tedious and annoying.

I thought about buying the Car Kit sold by Microsoft, but I have only read Negative Reviews of the FM Transmitter, and I never wanted to buy that damn thing anyways. So instead I got the Home A/V Cable set, which i figured i could just plug into the back of my head unit....

I guess it had been too long since id seen the back of my head unit though...because...

So I have an Alpine CDA-9815 Head Unit, Its pretty much obsolete, but It does have an Auxillary In. or at least i thought it did. Turns out, on the 9815 theres no spot for the Ai-Net in. Now I looked at the Wiring Diagram (which you can find Here) And It shows some mystery wire coming out with an Ai-net Connector...I have no idea where this wire is. I dont know if it was included and Chieu at CC just didnt put it in when he installed it, or if it was never there. or anything.

Anyways. Im F*cked in the ass. however I know i can get a KCI-121B(Here) which will allow me to plug in Regular RCA A/V cables into the Aux port, but Even with the 121B, I still dont have the original Mystery Wire which the KCI-121B plugs into.

So What I need, is someone that knows perhaps where I can find this mystery wire, or some other way I can get it so i can plug RCA Cables into the Auxillary Port. The mystery wire, according to the wiring diagram is called a "Ai-Net Connector"

Im dying here. Someone. Please. Help me.

BTW to find the Wiring diagram. click continue without login-->Owners Manuals-->Head Units-->CD Head Units-->Archived Owners Manuals-->CDA-9815 (Its item number 35 on the list)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,315 Posts
The_Tofu_Shop said:
man. thats a stellar idea.
So, wait... now you confused me...

Pick

1) Your kinda pissed at me and like (friggn retard, yea... thats a GREAT idea.. psh...)
2) your like, cool carputer huh?
3) your pissed at your head unit and like WTF!

i guess you can pick more than one...

E
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
Alpine only used two auxilary ports, first with the M-Bus (pre-2002), then Ai-Net (post 2003). They are basically the same functions of many other auxilar inputs.

Here's the pinout of the ai-net (scroll to the bottom):

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/hardware-development/30019-schematics-pin-outs-diagrams-2.html

I'm looking at the manual right now, and there's no mystery wire that I could find that you're referring to. Do you have a picture of it?

Otherwise, you can use the ainet aux cable, and it should work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts

·
Tofu Delivery Boy
Joined
·
5,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Vestax said:
I'm looking at the manual right now, and there's no mystery wire that I could find that you're referring to. Do you have a picture of it?


Forgive my horrible Photoshopping.

The mystery Wire is #19. the highlighted Red wire. Now, because I have a CDA 9815, I dont have a Big Female Ai-Net port on the back, The back of my Head Unit is Just the Vent. I dont have a cable to connect the KCA-121B (below) to. What Im trying to figure out is How I can get a Female port so I can plug in the KCA-121B.



and ericspda. Im not angry at you, I just figured with my long winded explanation it would be clear that i was trying to get around buying a new HU.

d00de, thanks for the suggestion but I really would like to avoid an FM transmitter all together.
 

·
Hella Functional
Joined
·
4,960 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
The_Tofu_Shop said:


Forgive my horrible Photoshopping.

The mystery Wire is #19. the highlighted Red wire. Now, because I have a CDA 9815, I dont have a Big Female Ai-Net port on the back, The back of my Head Unit is Just the Vent. I dont have a cable to connect the KCA-121B (below) to. What Im trying to figure out is How I can get a Female port so I can plug in the KCA-121B.



and ericspda. Im not angry at you, I just figured with my long winded explanation it would be clear that i was trying to get around buying a new HU.

d00de, thanks for the suggestion but I really would like to avoid an FM transmitter all together.
That is your ai-net connector.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
The_Tofu_Shop said:
thats what im missing. I have no wire to plug the KCA-121B into. I opened up my HU about a month ago and saw no wires at all for that purpose.

Anyone know where I can get an Ai-Net Connector?
I used to work for an Alpine dealer 5 years ago and I have never seen any units missing the ai-net connector. It's always on the chassis or extended out of the back, but never as a separate connection.

Can you take a picture of your unit?

If it is missing and there's a plug for it...

you can pick up the parts on www.pacparts.com
 

·
Tofu Delivery Boy
Joined
·
5,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Vestax said:
I used to work for an Alpine dealer 5 years ago and I have never seen any units missing the ai-net connector. It's always on the chassis or extended out of the back, but never as a separate connection.

Can you take a picture of your unit?

If it is missing and there's a plug for it...

you can pick up the parts on www.pacparts.com
thanks. ill take it all back apart and get some pics up. hopefully today
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top