Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm planning to get the tl sway bar but before i do, i just want to hear some experiences with it on the sedan....things like: what size rear sway bar, handling, ride quality, things like that....

thanks....i searched but i can seem to find too many sedans with rear sway bars...

preferrably sedan owners plz but coupes welcome to answer

·
Bai Se Feng Che
784 Posts
I have the stock 17inch rear TL Sway bar but I think you should get the stock 6spd TL one. I think the 6spd one is 21 inches.

·
Bai Se Feng Che
784 Posts
yup I really did mean millimeters :p
As for ride quality, there is definitely a noticeable difference. Much tighter cornering I must say

·
Registered
9 Posts
From what I heard, you won't feel as much body roll taking corners at high speeds and the ride is better compared to the stock 17mm. Comptech also has a 20mm sway for our sedans you could look at that one as well or opt. for the 6spd rear sway.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
i have the TL 6sp sway bar, which is 20mm. I did not upgrade the front sway. I noticed much better handling and it has never caused any problems.

I'd recommend it.

·
St. Louis!
3,378 Posts
I'm w/ eccsnow, best $43 I ever spent, I have an 04 sedan, it handles MUCH better than stock, and I'm not Auto-X'n that thing, so it's perfect for me.

·
^ that's my name
650 Posts
I have the comptech one and omg is there difference.

·
Registered
266 Posts
i got both front and rear, best money ever spent, the back took 30 mins, front took 8 hrs!!! so beware!!!

but i love the ride now.

carl.

·
Stalls @ every light
586 Posts
20mm TL. :up:

Excellent. Go for it.

Handles better with no noticeable difference in ride quality.

·
Registered
266 Posts
instructions for front.

support engine and tranny.

remove the engine and tranny mounts,

remove the exhaust j-pipe.

removed the subframe

r2 the swaybar.

go in reverse.

carl.

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
Welcome to v6p! Thanks for contributing!

I read the whole tutorial, and I must agree that it is extremely detailed and thorough. I would even venture to say that it was 10x more thorough than the ISIS Service Publications on iN that Honda technicians use. Great link. The only things I have to add is that, (1) on the 03-05 L4 sedan, the 22mm Comptech rear sway does not have any rubbing issues; and (2) the four bushing holder bolts (the ones with the 12mm hex head) should be torqued to 16 lb-ft.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts