Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just curious why most people, especially those who have the stock headlights, don't clear the front amber piece. I know I def want to; what do you think the best way to do it is? Take out the amber or just put a sticker over it? Does anyone have pics of their's cleared? Thanks,
Evan

·
Registered
763 Posts
egolub said:
I am just curious why most people, especially those who have the stock headlights, don't clear the front amber piece. I know I def want to; what do you think the best way to do it is? Take out the amber or just put a sticker over it? Does anyone have pics of their's cleared? Thanks,
Evan
Some people like the amber look...i think.
But for me, I just too lazy to spend 3-4 hours on opening up the headlights to take the amber piece out.
I plan on maybe doing a retrofit of some hid projecters, so I might as well do everything at once.

·
Banned
5,093 Posts
cause most of them dont knwo they can buy em used or get DIY tips from here. so they keep it stock, thinking there only choice is to buy them expensive $120 pr.

·
Registered
138 Posts
i like the amber look....however i thought the amber was a little too bright so i changed that....mine is darker now, you can check some pics out at my page. cardomain.com/id/teqhwan

·
Banned
5,093 Posts
also some peopel are afraid it may be illegal too. :gotme:
but im just guessing and using it as an excuse to post whore. :D

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I spray painted mine black when I blackhoused.

Most people probably don't because it's a PITA to take the lights apart, especially for something like that.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
egolub said:
I am just curious why most people, especially those who have the stock headlights, don't clear the front amber piece.
Partly because cleared is boring, I mean theres nothing too it, no color, just clear.
And the other reason is the same reason why more people don't buy big block 500 cubic inch chevy v8's. Why someone wouldn't want that I don't know....

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DOO said:
because it's only an accord and what kind of conversation topic is, "Look, I cleared my headlights!"
I wasn't really looking for a conversation topic. I'm just looking for a cleaner, more european looking front.

·
I AM LOST....
4,681 Posts
DOO said:
because it's only an accord and what kind of conversation topic is, "Look, I cleared my headlights!"
what's your point? :gotme: let's not post up meaningless and sadistic stuff here...

·
Banned
5,093 Posts
never mind him. HATER! right there :mad:

·
Registered
676 Posts
egolub said:
Evan
Evan,

I prefer the amber look because the trend nowadays is JDM this... JDM that... JDM everywhere. The cleared out look is only good for the older Hondas since it gives a cleaner appearance. The cleared out look is sooo 1999 anyways. :angel:

Checkout the DIY blackhousing project. Very simple thing to do but time consuming. Looks really nice! BTW, at the SEMA show they supposedly had a 7th Gen. Accord headlight already done in the usual JDM style look (black housing). Not sure if it's available but I would glady spend money on that rather than tearing apart my OEM lights and risking problems with moisture and what not.

- Andrew

·
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto
3,545 Posts
egolub said:
I am just curious why most people, especially those who have the stock headlights, don't clear the front amber piece.
Maybe because it's illegal.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts