Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious as to why they don't make aftermarket grilles for the 7th gen coupes. I think it would look sweet, if they made a thin, sleek grille with a little mesh in the middle as opposed to the OEM piece.

Similar to this...

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
The 7th gen grilles have this ugly dip where thte emblem goes. I would only want a grill that fills in this dip. I also would consider swapping in the sedan grilll, if it fits.

·
Nothing special
838 Posts
Looks like im not the first person that has thought about replacing the coupe "wings" in the grill area with the more open grill from the sedan. It seems like they would be exchangable, but the front ends are different enough they may not. Im going to make some calls tomorrow and see what I can dig up. Does anyone already know if they would be swapable?

·
I AM LOST....
4,681 Posts
nah.. i don't think they're exchangable..

many people have tried coming up ideas to replace that "dead bird", "chrysler wing".... do a quick search...

couple body kit i think also replaced it completly..

·
Registered
762 Posts
I took that piece apart the other day and from the looks of it we're stuck with that piece unless we get a new bumper without it. The Honda emblem and "dead bird" thing came out pretty easy but thats not the ***** about this. Behind it is another piece that is almost identical in shape and size but much less attractive and it's also part of the bumper cover. Now it wouldn't be a big problem to cut it out with a dremel but that piece holds the plastic cover thats right in front of the hood latch. I don't know the technical terms for these parts, but I hope you get a better idea.

I hope Grill Craft comes up with something but I don't see how at this point???

·
Registered
755 Posts
i saw in SF a black coupe. the bird was gone and replace over by mesh grill. like those found in Home depo. look like DIY. it look nice. but should have painted black.

it's a good idea. but better quaility grill. that setup would look good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts