Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I was wondering, why is there only a j-pipe available for 7th gens. I have a cat-back system and want to free up more breathing room for my engine, so, I was looking for headers and all that came up was the J-pipe. Has anyone heard of the actual headers that come off the heads to the j-pipe. They make them for 6th gens, but I cant find anything for the J30A4.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, so based on the pic of the bald star trek guy, I'm missing something. a little help would be greatly appreciated.

·
7yr / 120K
955 Posts
To clarify! You CAN do the following to a 7th gen exhaust system... in order from block back.

1. Pre-cats
2. J-Pipe
3. 3rd cat
4. Catback exhaust

You CANNOT do...
HEADERS! As stated earlier, they are cast onto the block. Pop your hood and look for yourself.

Each section of our exhaust has a variety of options and variations that you can go with... and there are plenty of threads related to replacing these items.
Search and you shall find.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok, so that all pretty well explains that for me. I had looked on other threads about the j-pipe and test pipe and just didnt quite understand i guess. I had no clue that they were cast onto the head. I'm kinda curious why honda designed it that way?? I'm gonna do a little more poking around, but thanks to everyone. That cleared up my curiousity. Thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
The guy selling all of the J-pipes in the froums, Richie V6, has pre-cat deletes that could help you free up your exhaust if you don't mind running with no cats

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, living in PA (land of the dumbest vehicle laws) I cant go without the cat or else I fail inspection and therefore cant drive my car. Its my daily driver so I get enough attention from the police. I guess im gonna just look into the j-pipe and not do the pre cat delete. Thanks for your help.

·
7yr / 120K
955 Posts
Well, living in PA (land of the dumbest vehicle laws) I cant go without the cat or else I fail inspection and therefore cant drive my car. Its my daily driver so I get enough attention from the police. I guess im gonna just look into the j-pipe and not do the pre cat delete. Thanks for your help.
Well, if you already have exhaust and your going to do the J-pipe it would benefit you to at least do the 3rd cat as well. That cat will be a bottle neck with the setup you are going to put on. I suggest you replace it with a race pipe or resonator... then just do a quick swap back to the stock cat if needed. It takes no time at all to switch that section out.

·
I'm a good guy, really.
695 Posts
hey nj laws aint much better...thats why you get it privately inspected ;) ... if you want performance you gotta pay for it

·
Banned
654 Posts
i dont know why/how i put in multiple cels. i meant you'll throw a CEL if you get those headers. i've seen OBX headers on ebay for 03-05 v6's but on the piping there is no o2 sensor, therefore you'll throw a CEL

·
Street Brawler
523 Posts
i dont know why/how i put in multiple cels. i meant you'll throw a CEL if you get those headers. i've seen OBX headers on ebay for 03-05 v6's but on the piping there is no o2 sensor, therefore you'll throw a CEL
What you saw aren't actually headers. Likely it was 2 j-pipes in place of the primary cats into a custom y-pipe. Not the same as set of headers.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts