Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Scion has the led lit colored cupholder available from the dealer... I got this mod from sl33pyriceboi. My shift light has been out forever and I never really felt the need to change it so instead I used the power wires from the light and wired up a Blue LED in the cupholder. I don't have a digital camera so I'm reposting some of my "mentor's" pictures from his mod. I used only one LED but I used a larger one. I also changed out my lower door lights, trunk light, dome light and map lights to blue LEDs from LEDautomotive.com Thanks to Nate at LEDautomotive.com and Sl33pryriceboi

·
Pedal damn it
3,913 Posts
Flux has that done in his car. It's pretty tight looking at night with a water bottle.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Next I plan on runing two 12" led strip lights under the drivers and passengers lower dashboard and two 8 inch light strips for under the drivers seat. I am trying to decide where to mount the switch for them and how to wire them up easily... i'll take any suggestions you all have..

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bluedevil1550 said:
Oh man thats awesome! I thought about doin this mod, but can you leave instructions on how you did it?

I am in no way responsible for any damage caused by trying to perform this Mod. Do it at your own risk. I did not disconnect my battery when doing this mod but you may want to. you will have to reconect it when you are trying to figure out which wires are positive and which ones are negative and also to test teh led before putting everything back together.

1. went to autozone and they had a product by a company called "PILOT" Part # L1-001B and autozone part #415302 it is 3 colored leds with a retainer clips atached already pre wired with resistors set up for 12 volts. $9.99 total for 3 pack.

2. Remove cupholder by pulling it straight up.

3. Remove the plastic ring around the base of the shifter by poping it up. I used a tiny screwdriver with some cloth as not to scratch the plastic.

4. Pull up the rest of the center console plastic. "It just snaps in but be gentle so you don't crack anything"

5. on the left hand side of the shift lever there are two wires that power your shifter light. snip the wires and strip away some of the wire.

6. get a 1/4 drill bit and drill a hole in the back side of the cupholder.

7. dab a bit of superglue around the hole and feed the wire through the inside of the cupholder and snap the led light into the hole. hold it in place for 30 seconds so the superglue can dry to ensure the light doesn't fall out. "I used the brush on superglue. it is like a nail polish brush style it is good for controlling the ammount of glue.

8. conect the positive to the positive and the negative to the negative shifter light wire, and seal with electrical tape or wire connectors. put everything back the way it came out.

The light will come on when you turn on your driving lights or your headlights. You must realize that this will make it so your P/R/N/D4/D3/2/1 on your shifter not light up. You can a seperate wire from the battery through the firewall and run it under the dash along the center console and tuck it under to where the shifter is.

Autozone did have a larger led setup for the step side for a SUV that had a covered lense led that was about the size of a quarter so that one could mount on the bottom of the cupholder and be about 5 times brighter than my led. If you want to be able to turn the light off and on set up an inline switch.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sl33pyriceboi said:
lol........ nice picturs :up2:

until I can borrow my friends digital camera I had to use your pics. I made sure that I stated my sources for the idea.. props again...

·
i<3 S.E.S & Eugene Kim
3,589 Posts
tireguy98 said:
until I can borrow my friends digital camera I had to use your pics. I made sure that I stated my sources for the idea.. props again....

lol at first, i was like.......damn.....thats pretty nice.......then i was like....."wait a min...that kinda looks like mine...." then i saw that you started my name n i was like....."LOL nice"

no worries man, cant wait untill i see urs.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
sl33pyriceboi said:
lol at first, i was like.......damn.....thats pretty nice.......then i was like....."wait a min...that kinda looks like mine...." then i saw that you started my name n i was like....."LOL nice"

no worries man, cant wait untill i see urs.
:stick: :bolt: :D

·
Registered
211 Posts
if your gonna do any of this in my oponion gay 14year old ****....at least use the good stuff....you want to use street force leds there alot brighter and alot smaller....on lil led put out like a 15inch tube......

·
i<3 S.E.S & Eugene Kim
3,589 Posts
jdoc08 said:
if your gonna do any of this in my oponion gay 14year old ****....at least use the good stuff....you want to use street force leds there alot brighter and alot smaller....on lil led put out like a 15inch tube......
who you talking to????? and whos 14?

·
i<3 S.E.S & Eugene Kim
3,589 Posts
iono yet i dont exactly remember wht i did for the projecto modification, like...i remember it, but wasnt sure.... but as for the LEDs, i can tell you im the first...

im going to do a DIY retro fit later on [mabee summer time] where imma rip the while tyc apart and rebuilt the rear so it will fit tsx or e46 projectors

1 - 20 of 29 Posts