Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Carbon Fiber Man
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some 19X11" or 12" rims prefer 5" or 6" lip. tires shouldnt be much of an issue. either gold /w polished lip or bronze. nothing as high as volks n such. just looking for a decent company that makes rims that size to look into as a sponsor. any suggestions?

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
HRE wheels will make you anything and everything, but theyre prob just as expensive as Volk

·
Eccenpix
1,862 Posts
v6_ccord_2k5 said:
HRE wheels will make you anything and everything, but theyre prob just as expensive as Volk
"just as expensive"?? :laugh:

anyhow I don't think those wide rims would fit unless you get widebody or fender flare

·
Your Mom Drives a Honda
1,999 Posts
Eccen said:
"just as expensive"?? :laugh:

anyhow I don't think those wide rims would fit unless you get widebody or fender flare

looking at his ride so far nothing would really be suprising would it...i mean a widebody/fender flares after that custom paint and whatnot would be small potatoes

·
I AM LOST....
4,681 Posts
Eccen said:
:werd:

well, unless you want to have a very ackward (IMO) fender flare or widebody.. then you wouldn't want to go more than 10" with prob 3-4" lip..

I did tried a wheel with 6" (or was it 8"?) lip and it is already wider than sidemirror.. on top of the extra bodyline to make the wheel fit, it just make the car overly huge and big-butted, as it is already big...

·
I AM LOST....
4,681 Posts
smokin6speed said:
looking at his ride so far nothing would really be suprising would it...i mean a widebody/fender flares after that custom paint and whatnot would be small potatoes
it would also be wasting money to have the body work done AFTER the custom paint.. but then again.. some people just don't care about money.. ;)

·
Carbon Fiber Man
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i am currently working on designing a widebody for our 7th gens. its going to be +100mm all around (just inside our side mirrors). having it repainted is costing me nothing due to the fact that i got hit back in april so half the car has to be painted anyways. i already have the rear quarter designed and it doesnt look out of place at all. i should have everything molded on the car in about 2 weeks and ill take some pics then but none will be shown until then. yeah HRE is way to expensive. i got a quote on 19x8s a few months ago and they were $4900 shipped to my door. so they are out of question. ill check into ADR and see what all they have. any other companies in mind?

·
Carbon Fiber Man
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its going to be clean. thats the style these days and im sticking to it. when it comes to volks it depends on some friends i got down in orlando. ever heard of Jade Crew? they are sponsored by Mackin Industries and they might beable to do something for me but im trying to get an idea for myself in case it doesnt fall through with them. btw that cl-s looks good and to give you an idea the widening its about a little under twice that.

·
Registered
298 Posts
That is one of the sickest cl's I have ever seen. I cant wait to see what your project looks like when it is done.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
kaos03accord: said:
its going to be clean. thats the style these days and im sticking to it. when it comes to volks it depends on some friends i got down in orlando. ever heard of Jade Crew? they are sponsored by Mackin Industries and they might beable to do something for me but im trying to get an idea for myself in case it doesnt fall through with them. btw that cl-s looks good and to give you an idea the widening its about a little under twice that.
That CL is already approaching aesthetically sound limits. Just under double that would be way overboard for a flare kit that follows the fender opening rim. To have that much additional widening and retain some aesthetic appeal, you will have to design fully integrated flares, a la Porshe 944. I don't see any other choice; and there will probably be design obstacles to overcome with fully integrated flares as well. 'Tis won't be cheap.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
well, that cl has more of a fender flare than a widebody. if you were to do a widebody, i dont think it would look too odd if you modified the quarter panels and doors to match.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
joedanger11: said:
well, that cl has more of a fender flare than a widebody. if you were to do a widebody, i dont think it would look too odd if you modified the quarter panels and doors to match.
I've seen widebody kits that make that CL look bone stock. If you want to go that wide, you better have the horsepower to back it up, otherwise it's not worth it, IMO. Too much additional weight and aero drag without accompanying power mods.

·
Your Mom Drives a Honda
1,999 Posts
thats not always the case...its ok to have a car that just looks good...i mean there are plenty of cars on the mkt that look good but may not be fast/powerful...and the accord is stuck with limited power mods....so their is no use to limit the looks mods just becuase of that

·
jinsoku.com
5,934 Posts
if youre going to go all out on your body and do a widebody, you might as well do the same with what wheels youre going to get and do it right the first time. get a nice set of quality wheels (like volks). if you end up getting adr's (no offense to adr owners), you might end up changing wheels again and custom wheels like youre looking for arent expensive.

anyway, wheels with that kind of custom set up usually only are done by expensive companies anyway. the 'cheapest' rims you can get for a custom set up would probably be volk, id say.

·
I AM LOST....
4,681 Posts
awww... didn't want to post this so soon, but i figured why not.. here is my setup.. a sneak peek pix ..

will be using werk euroline ls, 19x9, and 19x10.. with 2" and 4" lip respectively..

1 - 20 of 38 Posts